Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup Russia 2018

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Very tense, can't relax at all.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Andy.

I don't see them reaching the final. I do think they might beat Belgium in the third place play-off though. France will win and they probably deserve to.

I'm Martin.

The predictions go a bit quiet dont they . I feel this is Englands time but I would feel that wouldnt I. Two very determined teams to go and the French have some nice touches on the ball

If anything I feel tense and I cant handle watching it in a group situation. It becomes a very private affair and I need to concentrate with the headphones on...then if they do lose nothing happened and I can go on with my day

8000 people will be watching it in Castlefield Manchester but I cant even face going the local pub to watch it.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

No predictions from me, though I think that France will win it now.
    Croatia are good enough to beat us tonight and if that happens, getting to the semi finals is beyond all expectations.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Kevin.

No real surprise for me to be honest.
    A quality Croatian side took their chances better.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Martin.

I'm devastated.

The first half was such a solid performance, Croatia looked out-classed. Second half they came back and almost dominated. They seemed to have a much higher fitness level.

And there better be a good reason for taking Sterling and Henderson off. If they were done in then fair enough but if it was for tactical reasons then a big mistake by Southgate.

Anyway that's it. Good luck to Croatia in the final, I'll be supporting them. Football's not coming home it's going to Croatia and I think they can do it. Maybe next time for us.

56 years of hurt.

Bollocks.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

And that my friends is why I tend to very casually follow football. When I ramp my hopes up that was just cruel and painful to watch towards the end so I turned it over.

A team that looked well capable in the first twenty minutes just got taken apart. It seems to change before my eyes as England run out of steam or maybe real talent lasts the distance. We were beaten by a better team...simple as.

I got swept up in it and do feel gutted. Im in no mood tonight to congratulate them for getting that far. Its sort of all or nothing for me past a certain point. I dont see England winning in four years time or forty years time. Tonight I feel very low indeed

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

On the upside we didn’t lose due to a bizarre deflection, bad refereeing decision, cheating or penalties, so there can be no complaints or what ifs. We just ran out of momentum today.

However over the past month we’ve had better value from this England team than any in the last 28 years so for me that’s how it'll be remembered.

Pete

I'm Justin.

Well I rolled a number of valves trying to assess their performance on vocals only. The winner was the EML Lampizator 6th Anniversary 45. The loser?

Engerland.

I agree with Macca as I thought it before he said it. Croatia looked a lot fitter.

I'm Geoff.

I am so fucking angry! England did exactly what they did in earlier games: took their foot off the gas against decidedly inferior teams.

Yes the semi finals was a good result but not good enough given the potential of this team.

Geoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast