+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup Russia 2018

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs up Brazil 2 Costa Rica 0

Well, it was the late LATE show from Brazil! Last minute goal from Neymar seals it, after having worn down a resolute Costa Rica side, where Celtic's Gamboa played well, nearly setting up a goal for his team in the first half. I thought Brazil would've won this much easier.

Hopefully that will give both Brazil and Neymar the confidence now to kick on and really show what this team can do. The Brazilians showed great perseverance in this game and kept plugging away until they eventually got their reward against a well-organised Costa Rica defence, once they started to tire late in the game. I've seen this happen time and time again with Celtic!

Anyway, I do like the look of this Brazil side and believe that they could still go all the way. They have all the necessary attributes. I expect their next game against Serbia to be a cracker! Next up, Nigeria vs Iceland - come on you Vikings!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Kevin.

It might have been won earlier if Neymar stopped practicing for the Oscars and stayed on his feet.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Yeah, that hacks me off with a lot of players. Quite often I don't like Neymar's attitude, as talented as he is. He can act like a spoiled brat, too!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Kevin.

There is a distinct lack of respect for the referee in football. Something that needs to change.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

That was a good performance from Nigeria, a totally different team from the game against Croatia, two superb goals.
    Iceland kept battling to the end, unfortunate penalty miss by Sigurdsson.
    Musa starman.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yeah, that hacks me off with a lot of players. Quite often I don't like Neymar's attitude, as talented as he is. He can act like a spoiled brat, too!

Marco.
    He is a petulant child, albeit with skills.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

Default Nigeria 2 Iceland 0

Magic Musa strikes (twice)! The first one was an absolute cracker...

Shame for Iceland, as they're one of my 'adopted' teams, but overall especially in the second half, Nigeria deserved to win. The penalty miss from Iceland was the final nail in their coffin, although they kept going to the end and never gave up.

That now gives Argentina some hope, although unless they sort out their problems, Nigeria could very well beat them and put them out of the World Cup. I think Iceland are out now, as I'd expect Croatia to beat them in the final game of the group, even though they're already through to the knockout stages.

Next up, Serbia vs. Switzerland. Could be some goals in this one, too. Will be interesting seeing how good Serbia are, compared with Croatia, and of course Switzerland are no slouches either. I'm a big fan of Shaqiri, so hope he plays well!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    He is a petulant child, albeit with skills.
    Yeah but don't you just love him because of those skills. The party trick back flick over the guys head worked a treat and was quite brilliant to watch.
    Also theres plenty of others play acting not just him.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Yeah but don't you just love him because of those skills. The party trick back flick over the guys head worked a treat and was quite brilliant to watch.
    Also theres plenty of others play acting not just him.
    Yeah he is Brazil’s talisman for a very good reason. Awesome player, for a kid.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Yeah he is Brazil’s talisman for a very good reason. Awesome player, for a kid.
    New I could convert you Neil, just need to work on Marco now and stop his rather rash comments on the great man. Great w/ k end of football coming up me thinks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast