+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup Russia 2018

I'm Robin.

Good result, with a couple of good performances but they could do better if the hugely overrated Alli is replaced. Sweden play a regid 4 4 2 which is hard to breakdown.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

I think they will have to focus on set pieces perhaps, Sweden very organised and tight, they'll probably look to do the same.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Good result, with a couple of good performances but they could do better if the hugely overrated Alli is replaced. Sweden play a regid 4 4 2 which is hard to breakdown.
    Alli is in the team on the back of Kane in the hope that their Spurs partnership will be replicated in the national team. I doubt that and would play Vardy instead, although making sure that he saw more of the ball than in his previous outings. He looked pretty sharp to me when he got the ball yesterday.

Geoff

I'm Chris.

Predictions for today.
    France and Uruguay to go to penalties with France winning.

Brazil v Belgium 2-1, though would like Belgium to win, do I hope I'm wrong.
    Chris

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Much as I wouldn't want it to happen, as I'm not a big fan of Uruguay, I think they could beat France, possibly after extra time. It'll be tight. However, I fully expect Brazil to beat Belgium, in a game that should have a few goals

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Much as I wouldn't want it to happen, as I'm not a big fan of Uruguay, I think they could beat France, possibly after extra time. It'll be tight. However, I fully expect Brazil to beat Belgium, in a game that should have a few goals

Marco.
    I do hope you're right Marco, we need it to be a classic, just hope it doesn't turn into a bad tempered affair with gamesmanship, lots of goals please!
    Chris

I'm Martin.

Frenchies are doing well.

Don't mind them winning this a Uruguay are a boring side to watch.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200P CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'This is the sort of music I'd be listening to if I was going shopping for a training bra.'

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Default Uruguay 0 France 2

Yeah, glad I was wrong about this match. Beforehand, I just felt that Uruguay could snuff out France, with their dour style of play, then hit them on the break, or score via some form of set play, and sucker-punch them.

However, it wasn't to be and France showed their resilience and class to get the game won and progress through to the semi-finals, where I expect England to join them tomorrow night. I've being saying all along that France would be there or thereabouts, and I'll stick by that, especially they're now showing that hardened 'tournament mentality'.

Looking forward to watching Brazil vs. Belgium, which I think should be a cracker!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Martin.

Belgium will have to work hard from the start. They won't like that.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200P CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'This is the sort of music I'd be listening to if I was going shopping for a training bra.'

I'm David.

Sensational strike from De Bruyne! It'll be good to see if Brazil can pull this back - hopefully we will see some great football.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast