+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup Russia 2018

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs down Sweden 1 South Korea 0

A largely forgettable game between these two, won by the marginally least worst team. Let's hope for MUCH better in the other two games today!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Thumbs up Belgium 3 Panama 0

Good result for Belgium, against a pretty poor Panama team, who didn't really test them. Throughout long spells, the Belgian play was poor, but the goals were all rather special, especially Martens volley from outside the box!

Still, you can see the class that this team have, and they deserve to have the tag of outside chance winners. Celtic's Boyata did well and mostly looked solid. They'll certainly give England a hard game, but by then it might not matter if England win their first two games, starting tonight against Tunisia.

Let's hope for all England fans here they can get the win they need to kick start their tournament in style. I think they can do it: 2-0 England!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Good result for Belgium, against a pretty poor Panama team, who didn't really test them. Throughout long spells, the Belgian play was poor, but the goals we all rather special, especially Martens volley from outside the box!

Still, you can see the class that this team have, and deserve to have the tag of outside winners. They'll certainly give England a hard game, but by then it might not matter if England win their first two games, starting tonight against Tunisia.

Let's hope for all England fans here they can get the win they need to kick start their tournament in style. I think they can do it: 2-0 England!

Marco.
    Exactly, they have a good team, no more of the same ole same ole, flat struggly performances, scraping through by hoping / relying on others to do you a favour

Come on Inglann !!
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Thumbs up Tunisia 1 England 2

Well, what a painful second half that was until the 91st minute, when Kane scored his second goal!

England started brightly, playing really well and at a high tempo in the first half hour, causing Tunisia all sorts of problems and had them on the rack, during which time Kane scored. And they created a number of other chances, which they spurned. You wondered if that would come back to haunt them, but in end it didn't.

Then England seemed to lose their way a bit, which is when Walker gave away the penalty for Tunisia, which I thought was a little unfortunate, as the Tunisian player definitely player for it, by running into his arm. Walker shouldn't have had his hand in that position though, facing his goal, as he couldn't see what was happening behind him. Hopefully, he'll not make that mistake again.

Then I thought England were denied a stonewall penalty, when Kane was manhandled in the box and wrestled to the ground. How that wasn't picked up by VAR, I've no idea. In fact, there was another England penalty claim shortly after, which seemed to have some merit, but again nothing was given.

Realistically, England should've gone in at half time at least 3-1 up, but it wasn't to be. Then in the second half they seemed to have all the energy sucked out of them and Tunisia were dictating the tempo, which was ponderous and designed to frustrate England. The pace had notably dropped from the first half. However, England kept on going and eventually got their reward. when Kane netted his second.

Definitely 'squeeky-bum' time for much of that second half, for England supporters, but all that matters is getting the three points, which they duly did, and I predicted would happen. Now if they can beat Panama, which I think they're got a great chance of doing, it'll put them in a great position to qualify for the next round.

No doubt there's still much more excitement to come!

Marco.
    Main System

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Kane was wrestled to the ground twice and nothing given?

Good start for Harry Kane though, two goals in his first world cup game, Rooney had to wait until his third world cup for a goal.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Robert.

We made a little bit of a meal of it but thankfully Kane to the rescue.

Tunisia were dirty because they could be with a ref like that

A couple of our guys looked slightly ordinary / lacking that clinical killer edge

We'll need to imrpove and take our chances going forward that's for sure.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Kane was wrestled to the ground twice and nothing given?

Good start for Harry Kane though, two goals in his first world cup game, Rooney had to wait until his third world cup for a goal.
    Yeah, that England didn't get at least one penalty was a disgrace. What on earth is VAR for if it can't be used to highlight obvious fouls in the box?

Kane was excellent, along with Henderson and others, and Rashford made a good impact when he came on, as did Loftus-Cheek. It's important now that they [mainly pundits and media] don't get carried away, as is often the case when England win, and take Panama too lightly.

If England play to their capabilities, they should beat Panama, but Panama will also want to make up for their poor performance against Belgium, so it won't be easy. What England simply can't do is lose that game, as I'd be surprised if they could go on and beat Belgium, and then despite such a good start, they'd be back on the plane home.

So they must not take the Panama game too lightly, and show the same professionalism and commitment that they did against Tunisia.

Marco.
    Main System

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Agreed Marco, not sure about Maguire though, he made a few mistakes, Rashford looked good as soon as he came on.

I think England can improve, they just desperately needed a win tonight to get some confidence and momentum.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Tunisia were dirty because they could be with a ref like that

A couple of our guys looked slightly ordinary / lacking that clinical killer edge

We'll need to imrpove and take our chances going forward that's for sure.
    Yeah I thought the ref was very poor and let the Tunisian players away with way too much, especially pushing and shoving in the box at corners. However, this result should give the England players a lot of confidence and take the pressure off them (and the manager) for a bit. It's a platform to build on.

However, like I said, I just hope they don't go thinking that the Panama game is a guaranteed three points. They need to treat that game exactly as they did the Tunisia one, or they could be in trouble.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Default World Cup Russia 2018

Them and Belgium are good bets to go far imo. Decent sides although England maybe lack a bit of quality and experience. Belgium
    Should have both
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast