+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup Russia 2018

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    We should have had a couple of penalties in the Tunisia game, and they were both for multiple wrestling actions in the area.
    Today's ref was brave enough to call the wrestling one, and the other was just straight bringing down the player in the box.
    My thoughts exactly Chris

I watched the game against Tunisia and thought I was watching a game of rugby
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Bet you'd soon sort out all those bad boys, eh Bev?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Bet you'd soon sort out all those bad boys, eh Bev?

Marco.
    Absolutely Marco... I'd have given them a slap...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

With a wet cucumber, on the backs of their shorts?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

With a wet cucumber, on the backs of their shorts?

Marco.
    Of course....

Bev

Lol.... Put another ball next to that one, and the image becomes something else!

Marco.
    Main System

Lol.... Put another ball next to that one, and the image becomes something else!

Marco.

ooops
    Bev

Default Uruguay 3 Russia 0

Good game and not surprised by this result, because as I've said before, Uruguay have all the tools necessary to go far in this competition: a well-organised and resolute defence, creative and hard-tackling midfield and they carry a threat up front, with one (arguably two) world-class strikers. I can easily see them getting to the semi-finals, and possibly further.

Russia were simply shown up for their lack of quality where it counts, against much more challenging and better opposition than they played in their first two games, where they responded well to fan frenzy and being the host nation, but were made to look better than they really are. I just hope the same doesn't happen to England against Belgium, and they don't receive a similar reality check.

In that respect, it's important that they don't get carried away with the media hype and just take one game at a time!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Of course....

I thought at first this may be the hand drawn design for your Maggie stands!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I thought at first this may be the hand drawn design for your Maggie stands!
    Not exactly Geoff...
    Bev

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast