+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being born and bred in East London I hate.....

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    100%. I come from Manchester and I detest professional Mancunians. The Gallaghers are the most obvious ones, Burnage where they come from is nowhere near as rough as they make out. It's in south Manchester but Liam speaks with a north Manchester accent to sound harder.

Ian Brown too. He's from Altrincham and went to Altrincham Grammar but speaks like nobody else I know from Altrincham, which is considered fairly posh. Same goes for anybody famous from Bolton. Every one of them lays on the accent and the daft northener routine.

I suppose people just dislike it when they know it's phoney.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Yes you are bang on there. Ive done my tour of North and South Manchester and there are a lot of people egging it up to try and sound cool.

Ive always hated that thing with accents where people follow the crowd to be more Madchester than the next bod. I hate all that mad for it and our kid. Maybe I just dont like the Manchester accent or Im just a Cheshire mommies boy

If that Nigel Kennedy thing is true and I think it is.....its a mockney joke.
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 14-06-2018 at 18:17.

I'm Adam.

Dido always used to wind me up with her ‘Estuary’ accent.

I remain convinced that someone whose full name is ‘Dido Florian Cloud de Bounevialle O'Malley Armstrong’ does not speak like she did without adding an affectation.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Geoff.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Yes you are bang on there. Ive done my tour of North and South Manchester and there are a lot of people egging it up to try and sound cool.

Ive always hated that thing with accents where people follow the crowd to be more Madchester than the next bod. I hate all that mad for it and our kid. Maybe I just dont like the Manchester accent or Im just a Cheshire mommies boy

If that Nigel Kennedy thing is true and I think it is.....it a mockney joke.
    What Nigel Kennedy thing?

I also find the whole Madchester thing really tedious. It tends to be people from the suburban towns who aren't even Mancunians anyway - especially City fans.

I'm Martin.

I like Danny Dyer and the Gallagher brothers and Madchester (although that is going back a bit now). At least the Gallaghers were proper rock stars not well-behaved 'role models'. Nothing worse than a rock star setting a good example. Makes me sick.

And Dyer did that 'Hard Men' documentary - one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Danny Dyer? Who he? Never heard of him.

(Don't bother answering - I'm sure it's not important.)
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    What Nigel Kennedy thing?

I also find the whole Madchester thing really tedious. It tends to be people from the suburban towns who aren't even Mancunians anyway - especially City fans.

That Nigel is putting on an accent to sound cool and down with it. That and the spiky hair used to wind me up big time....he can certainly play though and theres no denying that.

I reckon that Danny Dyer speaks like Noel Coward when he's at home. As soon as his agent phones him up for the next football film its all apples, pairs and geezers. Hard man my arse!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12