+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: DSP active crossover

I'm Edward.

Hi Damien

Sounds like you are taking a similar path to mine - the difference being that you are using minidsp to do the crossovers whilst I'm using Roon to do that. And you have built REW profiles.

But I'm confused. You say you are very impressed with the results so far but you still need to sort out the amplification. What amps are you using so far and why is that not good enough?

In my experiments I've used a multi-channel Sony AV amp and whilst not state of art gives very acceptable results.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Hi Damien

Sounds like you are taking a similar path to mine - the difference being that you are using minidsp to do the crossovers whilst I'm using Roon to do that. And you have built REW profiles.

But I'm confused. You say you are very impressed with the results so far but you still need to sort out the amplification. What amps are you using so far and why is that not good enough?

In my experiments I've used a multi-channel Sony AV amp and whilst not state of art gives very acceptable results.
    Hi Edward,

Yes, I'm currently using my Marantz 2285B receiver to provide the highs, Quad 405 low, Marantz MA22s mid. The 2285B isn't ideal for many reasons, so I'm on the lookout for something low powered, high quality for the highs. I've got a Rotel RB-970BXII coming as a makeshift solution.

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Hi Edward,

Yes, I'm currently using my Marantz 2285B receiver to provide the highs, Quad 405 low, Marantz MA22s mid. The 2285B isn't ideal for many reasons, so I'm on the lookout for something low powered, high quality for the highs. I've got a Rotel RB-970BXII coming as a makeshift solution.
    How are you controlling volume?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Damian.

My Marantz SC22 preamp, one DSP per channel, split 3 ways. The miniDSP can attenuate but I haven't needed to alter the volume to cater for amp differences.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910