+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who's In to ZZ Top?

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

Just one note of caution. In the late 80's the early albums were re-released under the title Six Pack, for which the percussion was "treated" in the same style as Eliminator and Afterburner in an attempt to replicate their commercial success. To my ears it's a clunky remix of the old and the new and best avoided.

Pete

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete The Cat View Post
    Just one note of caution. In the late 80's the early albums were re-released under the title Six Pack, for which the percussion was "treated" in the same style as Eliminator and Afterburner in an attempt to replicate their commercial success. To my ears it's a clunky remix of the old and the new and best avoided.

Pete
    Absolutely correct.
    The Six Pack set was remixed and DDL/reverb used

The earlier albums on this set did not receive the same treatment - they're the original mixes https://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-St...eywords=zz+top
    Chris

Once we've made sense of our world, we wanna go fuck up everybody else's because his or her truth doesn't match mine. But this is the problem. Truth is individual calculation. Which means because we all have different perspectives, there isn't one singular truth, is there?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    You missed Bon Jovi, who were on before Marillion.
    And Ratt ....

Marillion were rubbish, and Metallica had yet to record their first (and possibly only) decent album ....
    I only remember the names that began with 'M', and I was a bit dazed and confused that day. I agree about Marillion. I didn't see much of them, I went for a shit or something.
    'I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123