+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Acoustic wall panels

I'm Stephen.

Default Acoustic wall panels

Acoustic wall panels - home made with wooden screwed and braced frames, 50mm sound deadening and fabric.
    Two show here alongside a pair of Quad 2905s. I will be making three more I expect.
    Approx 120cm x 64cm x 6cm.
    These are intended for absorbing mid to high frequencies, over 200Hz or so - they are not bass traps !
    Buyer collects from Glastonbury

£28 each.

Current kit :
    Music library (FLAC) on IMac or streamed via Qobuz. Fed wirelessly to Raspberry Pi / Allo Digione and into Lyngdorf digital amplification. This handles room correction and drives a pair of Quad 2905 electrostatics.

I'm Geoff.

I made similar panels for my Maggies using 100mm Rockwool acoustic insulation (120cm by 60cm). I found them to be very effective in "dialling down" a too lively room acoustic. I also made a number of smaller panels which I have placed behind my head in my listening position. These had a much greater effect than I anticipated.

I have the materials to make two bigger panels (180cm by 80cm) but have not got around to it yet. The most expensive part is getting some decent fabric to cover the panels.

I think your panels would be a good buy for someone needing to tame an overly bright room.

Geoff

I'm Peter.

PM sent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Stephen.

Just three left now . . .
    Current kit :
    Music library (FLAC) on IMac or streamed via Qobuz. Fed wirelessly to Raspberry Pi / Allo Digione and into Lyngdorf digital amplification. This handles room correction and drives a pair of Quad 2905 electrostatics.

+ Reply to Thread