+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Allo Kali

I'm Ken.

Default Allo Kali

Hi Andre

I emailed you on the 8th, used the link in the drop down menu when clicking on your forum name, first time I've used this, so maybe I did it wrong if you didn't receive it.

Anyway I've moved my question here from the thread about the RPi case.

What is the 6 pin header "JTAG" on the top face of the Kali used for?
    I can't find reference to it anywhere.
    Ken

http://www.jkwynn.co.uk/
    DIY Technics/ProJect based Turntable + Terminator linear tracker + AT 33PTG II / AQVOX Phono 2 CI / Pro-Ject Pre Box RS / ESP Active X-Over / Nakamichi AVP1 Power / Modified semi-active Yamaha NS1000M Speakers / Stello CDT100 Transport / NAD M51 DAC.

I'm Andre.

hi
    i PMed yo my email.
    about the jtag, 6pin header JTAG for firmware flashing connector (use only in production)

thanks

I'm Ken.

Ok, I just wondered if the JTAG was additional I2S output connections.
    Production use only is ok, just trying to get a feel for what everything does on the board.

I want to use a Kali with an Odroid C2.
    This is not GPIO pin compatible as the Odroid C2 has a separate 7 pin I2S header.
    I will need to mount the Kali next to the C2 board anyway, as I will be using a tall heat sink that prevents the use of "HAT" boards on the C2.
    Looking at the pin outs for both boards it seems a pretty straight forward job to wire the I2S and power the C2 from the Kali.
    The Kali I2S output will go through a line driver circuit and HDMI socket as per PS Audio design and feed a PS Audio DAC with the I2S signal.
    If I can think of anything else or get stuck I will come back to you.
    Ken

http://www.jkwynn.co.uk/
    DIY Technics/ProJect based Turntable + Terminator linear tracker + AT 33PTG II / AQVOX Phono 2 CI / Pro-Ject Pre Box RS / ESP Active X-Over / Nakamichi AVP1 Power / Modified semi-active Yamaha NS1000M Speakers / Stello CDT100 Transport / NAD M51 DAC.

I'm Andre.

hi
    the KALI is not Odroid compatible...
    only our Sparky and RPI

regards

+ Reply to Thread