+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Those were the days..pdf of old hifi ads - lskys etc.

I'm Neil.

Default Those were the days..pdf of old hifi ads - lskys etc.

I came acrose this pdf of old hifi ads from the 1970's - lots of hifi kits and so on.
    Nostalgic reading for those of us who used to hang out at Laskys and trawl through the ads in hifi mags.
    Makes interesting reading (for some of us!) with historic pricing. E.g. Comet were selling a Garrard SP25MkII for £9.95 ,a Garrard 401 for £27.45 and a Goldring GL75 for £28.95

Boots were selling hifi systems.

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/...PW-1972-01.pdf
    Neil.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Still have many of the mags from those days when my Dad bought them new!
    I only got to read them once my dad had scrutinised them from cover to cover.
    Sad in some ways to see how the electronics side of things have changed, and how in those days folk used to be able to at least put things together!
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Geoff.

I still have magazines, catalogues, year books, manuals and manufacturer's brochures from back then. I really ought to shift them on.

I'm Alan.

BI-PRE-PAK
    There's a name from the past

Makes me realise how old I am. I did like the experimenters circuits at the time.

I'm Jon.

Who deleted all the ads for cables,equipment supports and mains conditioners/regenerators

I'm Alex.

I remember most of the adverts and a lot of the projects. I still have Practical Wireless dating back to about 1964. They were delivered to the house, bought for me by Mum and Dad, they perhaps thought these were better for me that The Eagle etc.
    Spendorman

I'm Clive.

The audio section on the American Radio History site is a very useful resource.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    Still have many of the mags from those days when my Dad bought them new!
    I only got to read them once my dad had scrutinised them from cover to cover.
    Sad in some ways to see how the electronics side of things have changed, and how in those days folk used to be able to at least put things together!
    A...
    Why "sad"? Are you referring to the promotion of solid-state over thermionic valve electronics?
    Last edited by Barry; 12-06-2018 at 10:50.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I still have magazines, catalogues, year books, manuals and manufacturer's brochures from back then. I really ought to shift them on.
    I used to have a couple of metres worth of assorted audio mags: Hi Fi News; Hi Fi News & Record Review; Practical Hi Fi, Popular Hi Fi and Audio, Hi Fi Choice, Hi Fi Answers; Audiophile; Hi Fi Review; Stereo Sound; Stereophile (and a copy or two of The Flat Response ). A few of them have been kept, but with most I tore out the arlicles that were of interest to me and threw out the remainder.

Copies of the manuals and manufacturer's brochures have been placed in The Knowledge for reference.

Nowadays, with an average price of £6, I rarely buy the mags - I'm tired of reading about £5K preamps, £20K powe ramps, £25K speakers and £5K cartridges; let alone £1K cables.
    Barry

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Hi Barry,
    I was refering to how the people who purchased those mags, and thus who were interested in the hobby, could/ would usualy build their own stuff etc, instead of relying soley on manufactures finnished products etc.
    A...
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Why "sad"? Do you referring to the promotion of solid-state over thermionic valve electronics?
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast