+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fs: Mission 752 freedom floorstanders - excellent !!!

I'm Robert.

Default Fs: Mission 752 freedom floorstanders - excellent !!!

Thought I'd never ever move these on, such has been my love for them, However I've had to spend a bucket load more to find a worthy replacement.

They are the speaker that introduced me to the world of genuine hi fidelity, it was love at first sound.

Coming from the mid 90's, They are regarded as a classic and one of Missions best efforts,

They have brought me untold musical pleasure over the years and when you think they cant possibly give anymore they shine the more with every single upgrade I've put down.

As I say, It will be with heavy heart and a bag load of fond memories that I finally let these go.

Presentation is detailed, organic / natural, non fatiguing with fabulous imaging courtesy of it's excellent Aerogel mid- bass driver.

Mids are beautiful where the 'music' is, vocals, horns and all those little nuances come through naturally.

The silk dome tweeter was / is a nice step up from the slightly zingy, very warm / bright, waspish metal dome of its original (non Freedom) incarnation and was one of the things Mission rightly addressed with the revised Freedom (I've had both)

My newly acquired Spendor D7's just shade them in terms of a being more extended in all areas and to be expected at a cost of thousands more !

This users feelings about them mirror mine to a T https://forums.naimaudio.com/topic/t...51091079905084

And loads more from the all important users here http://www.audioreview.com/product/s...2-freedom.html

It's often been said and read that they are an audiophile bargain, I can only totally agree.

Condition is an easy excellent, drivers, cabinets, grills ALL excellent - no issues, from a smoke free, pet free environment - Lovingly cherished by me as is all my kit - See pics

£140 pick up only from London SE4 area,

Paypal gift payment or cash on collection, whichever suits.

Specification

Type 2-way reflex Enclosure construction transverse-fold Drive units

170mm bass/midrange;

25mm tweeter Frequency response 70Hz-2OkHz t 1 -25dB

LF response -6dB at 40Hz Nominal impedance 8 ohms

Sensitivity 90dB at 1 m for 2-83V input

Recommended amplifier 26-l50Wpc

Maximum spl (per pair) 108dB Effective volume 29 litres

Dimensions (H x W x D) 875 x 200 x 260mm

Weight 18.5kg each (37kg pair)

319 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr

318 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr

317 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr

316 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr

315 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr

320 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr

321 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Grant.

very nice rob.. surprised your selling too

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    very nice rob.. surprised your selling too

Honestly never thought I would Grant, had to spend a shed load of dough on the Spendors that replaced them and we are not talking big or miles better considering they cost thousands more.

Any how I could have two systems they'd never leave the house. £140 just doesnt give any idea
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Grant.

the missions i had were pretty decent. imagine these to be much better.. i expect them to go quickly
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Thought I'd never ever move these on, such has been my love for them, However I've had to spend a bucket load more to find a worthy replacement.

They are the speaker that introduced me to the world of genuine hi fidelity, it was love at first sound.

Coming from the mid 90's, They are regarded as a classic and one of Missions best efforts,

They have brought me untold musical pleasure over the years and when you think they cant possibly give anymore they shine the more with every single upgrade I've put down.

As I say, It will be with heavy heart and a bag load of fond memories that I finally let these go.

Presentation is detailed, organic / natural, non fatiguing with fabulous imaging courtesy of it's excellent Aerogel mid- bass driver.

Mids are beautiful where the 'music' is, vocals, horns and all those little nuances come through naturally.

The silk dome tweeter was / is a nice step up from the slightly zingy, very warm / bright, waspish metal dome of its original (non Freedom) incarnation and was one of the things Mission rightly addressed with the revised Freedom (I've had both)

My newly acquired Spendor D7's just shade them in terms of a being more extended in all areas and to be expected at a cost of thousands more !

This users feelings about them mirror mine to a T https://forums.naimaudio.com/topic/t...51091079905084

And loads more from the all important users here http://www.audioreview.com/product/s...2-freedom.html

It's often been said and read that they are an audiophile bargain, I can only totally agree.

Condition is an easy excellent, drivers, cabinets, grills ALL excellent - no issues, from a smoke free, pet free environment - Lovingly cherished by me as is all my kit - See pics

£140 pick up only from London SE4 area,

Paypal gift payment or cash on collection, whichever suits.

Specification

Type 2-way reflex Enclosure construction transverse-fold Drive units

170mm bass/midrange;

25mm tweeter Frequency response 70Hz-2OkHz t 1 -25dB

LF response -6dB at 40Hz Nominal impedance 8 ohms

Sensitivity 90dB at 1 m for 2-83V input

Recommended amplifier 26-l50Wpc

Maximum spl (per pair) 108dB Effective volume 29 litres

Dimensions (H x W x D) 875 x 200 x 260mm

Weight 18.5kg each (37kg pair)

319 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr

318 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr

317 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr

316 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr

315 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr

320 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr

321 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr
    Didnt think Id see you part with your Missions, what you replaced them with???

Regards Steve...
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by STD305M View Post
    Didnt think Id see you part with your Missions, what you replaced them with???

Regards Steve...
    Hi Steve, Spendor D7, hence I'm skint and selling stuf to recoup funds
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

I'm Martin.

End of an era this is.

Good speakers these and at a bargain price. Worth a few quid in petrol to go and collect them.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm fabulous.

If I didn't have a pair already in my system.... these are an absolute bargain for some lucky person out there!
    lossless > Raspberry PI-3b+ > allo Boss > Van Damme Purple interconnect >
    Myryad Z210 CD Player > Chord Chameleon Silver+ interconnect >

into Magnum IA170 amplifier > Van Damme Blue 4mm cable > Mission 752 Freedom Floorstanders
    Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-back

I'm Edward.

I had a pair at one time. Happy days. At the price you are asking an absolute steal. GLWS.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Hi Steve, Spendor D7, hence I'm skint and selling stuf to recoup funds
    I heard the spendor d7 speakers a couple of week back
    Only one word describes how they sound

( SUBLIME )

Regards Steve...
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3