+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wanted Quality Record Cleaning Machine

I'm Russell.

Default Wanted Quality Record Cleaning Machine

It seems that many set out to clean many records at once. Make an afternoon of it and wash a few dozen albums. I can see where the noise would get to you in that case, and listening to music while you do it would be near impossible to enjoy.

But that’s not me, I choose an album, if it looks like it needs washing I wash it, and then play it. Put it in a vinyl sleeve and store it away, not to wash another until I pull one from the bin that needs washing. After a time when most of the ones on my frequent play list have been washed, I rarely use the machine anymore, until I pull out that old gem that hasn’t been played in a while, and of course new and used Records that I’ve bought recently. Noise be damned! I don’t care if it sounds like a jet engine! I just want my records clean.

And by the way, my ProJect is not as loud as my old VPI was, but, it’s still kinda loud.

Russell

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    It seems that many set out to clean many records at once. Make an afternoon of it and wash a few dozen albums. I can see where the noise would get to you in that case, and listening to music while you do it would be near impossible to enjoy.

But that’s not me, I choose an album, if it looks like it needs washing I wash it, and then play it. Put it in a vinyl sleeve and store it away, not to wash another until I pull one from the bin that needs washing. After a time when most of the ones on my frequent play list have been washed, I rarely use the machine anymore, until I pull out that old gem that hasn’t been played in a while, and of course new and used Records that I’ve bought recently. Noise be damned! I don’t care if it sounds like a jet engine! I just want my records clean.

And by the way, my ProJect is not as loud as my old VPI was, but, it’s still kinda loud.

Russell
    Amen to that! I have a noisy vacuum machine but I only do 5 or 6 max at a time so I can easily put up with it, plus it is in my garage. I'm not sure it's any better at the job than my old Knosti manual but I find it quicker and less messy and my skin is not in shreds afterwards if I forget to put rubber gloves on. I use the rack from the Knosti just to let them thoroughly dry out though.

I'm Alf.

I had a VPI 16.5 - again quite noisy but seemed to work ok. Recently bought a Loricraft PRC4 very quiet in comparison and works extremely well. Worth the spend if you have a large LP collection. Rare as hens teeth second hand though
    Techy SP10 mk 2 playing my Vinyl, Aries G1/Chord TT2/Mscaler doing digital, Ear Pre amp and Sowter powered KT88 SE power amp amplifying and big JBL's presenting a room full of fun

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonzo View Post
    I had a VPI 16.5 - again quite noisy but seemed to work ok. Recently bought a Loricraft PRC4 very quiet in comparison and works extremely well. Worth the spend if you have a large LP collection. Rare as hens teeth second hand though
    Rare second hand is an indication that people like them!

Russell

I'm Ian.

I've not read this thread to see if your sorted but spotted this...

http://www.retrotechaudio.co.uk/moth-mk2.html

Apologies if irrelevant !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123