+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FrostEOne intro pics

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostEOne View Post
    Thanks RobbieGong, I've had that turntable for a long time, purchased new in 70s.
    Yeah, lovely thing, you've done the right thing in holding on to it ! https://www.vinylengine.com/turntabl...a&model=YP-800
    Last edited by RobbieGong; 10-06-2018 at 17:51.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Paul.

Mark, do you find a there is a big difference between using one sub and when using both?

I have a single sub and found it worked really well if I used it just underpin the speakers, rather than use the sub for outright extension of the lower frequencies.
    ~Paul~

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    Mark, do you find a there is a big difference between using one sub and when using both?

I have a single sub and found it worked really well if I used it just underpin the speakers, rather than use the sub for outright extension of the lower frequencies.
    Paul,

Running two or more subwoofers improves low frequency performance in several ways, compared to running a single subwoofer. These include: reduced phase cancellation for more room-filing bass, increased headroom for deeper, harder-hitting output, easier room integration and reduced localization so it feels like bass is emanating from all around you.

I have the subs front and center, but listening you'd never know it. I've had the Yamahas in the center and subs outside but subs seemed to be harder to integrate and not as smooth. These are sealed subs, quite musical.

Mark
    Last edited by FrostEOne; 10-06-2018 at 20:53.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12