+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Radford m.90 £170

I'm Andrew.

Default Radford m.90 £170

Recapped and tweeters replaced
    See my posts and you’ll learn all about the history of these .
    I have not refurbished the cabinets.
    The vinyl had come away from the woofer cone but that has now been done ( thanks to the guidance from Walpurgis)
    Price is for members only .
    They sound bloody good .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

Bump 140

I'm Andrew.

Sold subject to the usual

I'm Andrew.

Going back on devilbay.
    No longer £140

montesquieu Guest

Just in case anyone else wants these, they had better be in constant touch with Andy (hourly?) or he'll throw a tantrum.

I had made a commitment to buy these with the aim of collecting on Thursday. I came down with a gout attack overnight in the early hours of Wednesday morning (which I've told others about here so I wasn't making it up and from which I'm still suffering) so couldn't collect on Thursday. I told him on Wednesday on that I couldn't come on Thursday but hoped to be better at the weekend - something still up in the air as I'm not driving again yet - and he said there was 'no hurry'.

It's not permitted to post private PMs but I think it's fair to point out that this message from him came at 11:10 on Wednesday night, less than 48 hours ago.

I find today he's put them up for sale again, and when I contacted him to find out why, he says my non-communication is 'out of order' and that he's refusing to sell these or anything else to me ever again. Fairly bizzare behaviour - just a warning to all.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Just in case anyone else wants these, they had better be in constant touch with Andy (hourly?) or he'll throw a tantrum.

I had made a commitment to buy these with the aim of collecting on Thursday. I came down with a gout attack overnight in the early hours of Wednesday morning (which I've told others about here so I wasn't making it up and from which I'm still suffering) so couldn't collect on Thursday. I told him on Wednesday on that I couldn't come on Thursday but hoped to be better at the weekend - something still up in the air as I'm not driving again yet - and he said there was 'no hurry'.

It's not permitted to post private PMs but I think it's fair to point out that this message from him came at 11:10 on Wednesday night, less than 48 hours ago.

I find today he's put them up for sale again, and when I contacted him to find out why, he says my non-communication is 'out of order' and that he's refusing to sell these or anything else to me ever again. Fairly bizzare behaviour - just a warning to all.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post

As I said, bizzare behaviour. Perhaps he'll be sober enough tomorrow to explain himself?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Mmm... An explanation there, Andy, so we can hear your side, would be useful, although I have no reason to doubt Tom's account of events. Btw, guys, stuff like this should be posted on the feedback section.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Andy - Tom is a highly respected member here and he is not mucking you about. Take what he says as the truth.

This looks to be another one of these misunderstandings that do happen occasionally, can we leave it at that?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrew.

Ok , Tom was coming Thursday evening to collect the radfords until he informed me on Wednesday that he was suffering from gout and that hopefully he would now come at the weekend ( not a problem) and I said there’s no hurry, now having heard nothing from Tom for 2 days and it being Friday evening and the weekend is upon us i didn’t think it was too much to expect a quick message to say I will or I won’t be coming ( wouldn’t anyone ? ) now within a minute of myself updating the thread saying that they’re up for sale I received a message from Tom ( to which i apologised for my inpatients) but he then started throwing his toys from his pram and at this point i basically said I will longer be selling the speakers to you Tom , and I wished him well .
    Btw I do not drink

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast