+ Reply to Thread

Thread: North West Audio Show 2018

I'm Hugo.

Default North West Audio Show 2018

Not long now before the Northwest Audio Show on 23rd/24th June at Cranage Hall. Ammonite Audio will be there and demonstrating these products and brands in Room 6:

• Lyngdorf TDAI-2170 true digital amplifier with RoomPerfect room correction system, partnered with Lyngdorf CD-2 CD player

• Ammonite Audio modular replacement arm boards for Technics SL-1200 turntables and our accessories for Jelco tonearms. Our modified SL-1200GR will be performing vinyl source duties.

• Kerr Acoustic K320 loudspeakers – Jes Kerr will be on hand to talk about his designs

• Tonearms from Jelco, Timestep and Glanz

• Mono and stereo cartridges from Miyajima, including the new Saboten L ‘cactus spine’ stereo model. Also SPU stereo and mono cartridges from Ortofon and a first appearance in the UK from Phasemation with the PP-300 cartridge

• Cables from Black Rhodium and Ziro Audio

• Equipment and loudspeaker support and isolation from Townshend Audio, including demonstrations to show how these things really work (they do!)

I look forward to seeing you at the show. Don’t forget to bring your favourite music on CD or LP - I will play anything that you wish to hear!

There will be decent Show Discounts available.

I'm Phil.

wow , kerr speakers , that will be something to hear . i hope to have a pair here at some point to hear . they were brilliant at brum hifi show last year
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Hugo.

We will also be running regular demonstration and discussion sessions in the Ammonite Audio room throughout both days:

• Why it's worth playing mono LPs with a dedicated mono cartridge. Comparing mono LPs played with a stereo cartridge, and then with Miyajima and Ortofon SPU mono cartridges.
    • Turntable and loudspeaker isolation, with talks by Max Townshend. Your chance to hear why spikes might not be the best way to support speakers, and to understand the principles and real work practicalities of isolation

+ Reply to Thread