+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CROWN music centre SHC-5500

I'm Martin.

My uncle used to have the Sony version, with big 3 way Sony speakers. It was very good. He owned it from new, couldn't recall what he had paid but said it was very expensive. Hi Fi World featured one in their old worlde column a few years back now. Last time I saw him I asked him if he still had it but he said he's skipped it years previously. Gutted. He still has a pair of Lintons that he bought new in about 1970, uses them on his TV.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200P CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'The best I advice I ever received was to always remember that no-one else has any idea what they are doing either.'

I'm Grant.

my dad had a big sony one in 70's. cost a lot too.. over 300.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Andrew.

Well hopefully someone will enjoy this one once again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    my dad had a big sony one in 70's. cost a lot too.. over 300.
    Posh

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    Posh

remember mum was less than impressed at cost saying...theres a perfectly usable radiogram there
    Regards,
    Grant ....

OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    remember mum was less than impressed at cost saying...theres a perfectly usable radiogram there

Id bet that it was that music centre was responsible for your love of Hifi ?
    My Dad had a dynatron in a fancy wooden cabinet ( sounded good to me) and it was probably that which got me started , but then I got my second job with Hammond organs in Bletchley and my manager there would build amps from scratch and the odd pair of speakers with fane drivers .

I'm Grant.

always wanted an electric organ. had one in the shop and used to play it, badly. yup. that and then my bro got a jvc separate system that was good in its own way. i ended up with the tt which had one of those belt drive arms.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234