+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replacement Remote Control Handset

I'm Tony.

Default Replacement Remote Control Handset

Unfortunately, battery leakage has put paid to my original Audio Analogue Paganini Mk2 (96/24) CD Player's Remote Control handset (the cheap and cheerful plastic one).

Anyone out there know of any suitable replacements or codes that can be programmed into an 'All In One' type unit?

I have contacted AA but AoS is an invaluable resource for stuff like this.

Tony
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Unfortunately, battery leakage has put paid to my original Audio Analogue Paganini Mk2 (96/24) CD Player's Remote Control handset (the cheap and cheerful plastic one).

Anyone out there know of any suitable replacements or codes that can be programmed into an 'All In One' type unit?

I have contacted AA but AoS is an invaluable resource for stuff like this.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I have an AA Puccini amp and was in the same position as you.

Bungalowbill on this forum loaned me his remote from his Rossini CDP but the codes weren't compatible.

Simultaneously I contacted AA they were very helpful, a bit slow to react perhaps, but they did find most of the bits to build me a remote, they didn't have a back tho. This remote is quite exquisite stainless steel teardrop shape, I bought the parts they had and am in the process of making a teak back.

As a backup I have now bought a learning remote and copied the functions to it.

Gary
    Last edited by Stryder5; 08-06-2018 at 12:13. Reason: Added Rossini

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Hi Tony,

I have an AA Puccini amp and was in the same position as you.

Bungalowbill on this forum loaned me his remote from his Rossini CDP but the codes weren't compatible.

Simultaneously I contacted AA they were very helpful, a bit slow to react perhaps, but they did find most of the bits to build me a remote, they didn't have a back tho. This remote is quite exquisite stainless steel teardrop shape, I bought the parts they had and am in the process of making a teak back.

As a backup I have now bought a learning remote and copied the functions to it.

Gary
    I'm planning on having a go at repairing the remote if I can Gary (cleaning the contacts and circuit board), but thought I'd cover all the options just in case it doesn't work. Will definitely get a learning remote if it does work.

Tony
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Tony.

Fixed it! Liberal use of contact cleaner and a bit of scraping seems to have done the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Fixed it! Liberal use of contact cleaner and a bit of scraping seems to have done the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Now for the learning remote

I'm Richard.

Harmony one will also control it, and cheap to buy nowadays

+ Reply to Thread