+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Art Audio Vinyl One Reference phono preamp for sale.

I'm Brook.

Default Art Audio Vinyl One Reference phono preamp for sale.

I can’t believe I am doing this, but I am offering for sale my utterly superb Art Audio Vinyl One Reference phono preamp. It was specced by its first owner to include some upgrading, including solid silver wiring, has MM & MC phonos, an extra line in, meaning you can run your CDP or other line level equipment without having a separate preamp, & a remote control. It also has a variable gain dial on the back panel so it is adjustable for pretty much any cartridge you choose. There is a toggle switch on the underside to switch between MM & MC, positioned where it is to have the shortest possible path to the phonos. I am the second owner, & it is in excellent condition both inside & out. The front panel is unmarked. It has recently been looked over by Graeme at Ampregen, initially to have some resistors removed, the original owner had them fitted to exactly match the gain of his cartridge, but I have had these taken out so it is now fully adjustable again. He also gave it a clean bill of health. Now I could waffle on forever trying to describe how good the V1 is, but listening is believing, & I am happy to demo it should you live near enough to visit. I will just say that their reputation reaches far & wide, & it is very much deserved. I am its second owner.
    This is a very reluctant sale brought on by the chance to own a unique TT that will never be possible again, & even though the V1 is thin on the ground the chances of finding another when my circumstances allow are far greater than finding another TT, as there isn't another one is existence.
    Difficult to determine worth as in itself this is a one off in terms of spec, but I feel that £1650 is fair.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

lordmortlock Guest

Yikes!!

Serious end game piece this. I had the vinyl one in my ‘destination’ set up prior to my big downsize and it was there purely on merit, having seen off some far more expensive units. This is another step up.

Must be one hell of a TT Brook!

I'm Brook.

It is one hell of a TT Jake, but even so I still have wobbly legs at the thought of letting go of the V1!

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by lordmortlock View Post
    Yikes!!

Serious end game piece this. I had the vinyl one in my ‘destination’ set up prior to my big downsize and it was there purely on merit, having seen off some far more expensive units. This is another step up.

Must be one hell of a TT Brook!
    It took a lunatic like me to get it made in the first place. It was the last mad audiophile thing I did before getting Devialet. My analogue now gets converted A/D at 24/192 then D/A later on. Heresy to some. Still sounds analogue!
    Wilson, Devialet, Innuos, Puritan, Claro

I'm Brook.

Okay, one little bump for this amazing phono stage before it goes to ebay.

I'm Brook.

Sold, without resorting to ebay thank goodness.

+ Reply to Thread