+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A setup from Milan V2.0

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Prego, bello!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Robert.

Nice music maker Eugenio.

How do the decks differ to your ears ?
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Modified Technics SL1210 MK5G
    Mike New precision bearing, bearing base plate, ETP Platter
    Micro Seiki MA-202 tonearm, rewired, hybrid ceramic bearings
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge
    Yannis Tome 423.5 Silver-Litz tonearm cable with KLEI Pure Silver Harmony plugs
    Ebony armboard
    Audio Technica MS-8 Magnesium headshell, Ortofon pure silver headshell leads
    Isonoe Isolation Feet
    Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules), DCSXL pure-silver DC lead with Jaegar low impedance connector
    CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable, Airlock plugs - bare wire amp end.
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket, Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs with Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Eugenio.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post

How do the decks differ to your ears ?
    Hi Robert,

the turntables are different, with different phonostage and cartridge.
    The 1210 is connected to the internal phonostage of Burmester 011 and has a Lyra Delos, while the Empire/Benz 698 is connected to the Rega IOS and has a Transfiguration Spirit. The last turntable also need a new belt and motor grommets, and needs a calibration of springs. So it's not in its best conditions at the moment.

The Technics sounds very fast and detailed, very balanced without been dry or harsh.
    The other is a bit less precise extremes of the audio band but have warmer and more emphasized medium range, less hifi but a pleasure to the ear.

So I am so happy to have 2 turntables that sound so different, one is very hi-fi, while the other is very tasty :-D

In this regard the new bases in panzerholz have contributed on both turntables to a better focus / scene and have improved the speed of response to transients
    My system:
    Analog sources: modified Technics SL-1210 Mk2, , Benz/Empire Troubadour 698 LTD
    Cartridges: Van den Hul Grasshopper IV GLA, Lyra Delos, Transfiguration Spirit, Ortofon MC-20 Super, Denon DL-103 SA
    Digital source: Denon DVD A1 (modified by Aurion Audio) - Apple Mac Mini + Schiit Eitr
    Phonostage: Rega IOS + onboard phonostage of Burbester 011
    Power Amp: Burmester 911
    Preamp: Burmester 011
    Loudspeakers: Burmester B25
    Headphones: Denon AH D2000

I'm ADRIAN.

Hey eu_73
    Thanks for this post I enjoyed it - really interesting mix of gear, that I cannot imagine the sound it has in my head. But it must be great I would think!
    Last edited by Castroil; 09-06-2018 at 14:05. Reason: still trying to add a pic

I'm Eugenio.

Quote Originally Posted by Castroil View Post
    Hey eu_73
    Thanks for this post I enjoyed it - really interesting mix of gear, that I cannot imagine the sound it has in my head. But it must be great I would think!
    Hello Adrian,
    thank you.
    Many people think that Burmester has a hyper-detailed sound and turns to cold tones, probably because of the appearance of the machines with many chrome parts.
    My set up is very neutral, just a bit shifted on the warm side. The sound is detailed, it just flows like water - naturally without ever having the impression of any bottleneck - and is extended both in the high range and in the low range, even with the physical limits imposed by the B25 loudspeakers.
    The voices are in my opinion very very beautiful, in particular the male ones that appear almost real.
    My system:
    Cartridges: Van den Hul Grasshopper IV GLA, Lyra Delos, Transfiguration Spirit, Ortofon MC-20 Super, Denon DL-103 SA
    Digital source: Denon DVD A1 (modified by Aurion Audio) - Apple Mac Mini + Schiit Eitr

I'm ADRIAN.

Hey Eugenio.

Its good that you're happy with your system at the moment and don't need to change anything
    Iv'e got an ageing Marantz CD72 SE and am thinking of , in the future combining CD and DVD as you have with the DVD A1
    how do you find it using it as your CD replay ?
    DSCN3172.jpg

my set-up

I'm Eugenio.

Quote Originally Posted by Castroil View Post
    Hey Eugenio.

Its good that you're happy with your system at the moment and don't need to change anything
    Iv'e got an ageing Marantz CD72 SE and am thinking of , in the future combining CD and DVD as you have with the DVD A1
    how do you find it using it as your CD replay ?
    DSCN3172.jpg

my set-up
    Hi Adrian,

my DVD A1 has been modified and has a new output stage, with a dedicated power supply.
    But also withoud midification I find it is a very good cd player, with a bonus: you can use it as dac because there are 2 digital input.
    For thr front channel it uses 2 Burr Brown 1704 in parallel per channel, and I love this converter, in my opinion one of the best ever made.
    While if you want to use it as dvd player I think it is too old, it doesn't have any hdmi output but only scart or rgb. So not the better choice with a recent television...
    My system:

I'm kickinbacklistenintotchoons.

A TV anywhere near the music centre (not even the same room, ideally) is a complete no no.
    My stuff -

Analogue: Technics SL-7 / EPC-P202C
    For when there's no Analogue: Doge 6 CDP
    To discover loads of new music: Spotify via Laptop into Xiang Sheng DAC-01A
    Make music louder: Quad 34 pre, Nirvana Electronic Works A60, 60W / Ch Class A power
    Music boxes: Heco Celan 300
    Cleaning duties: Okki Nokki 2

Y'know, sometimes, Satan, come as a man of peace.

I'm Eugenio.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewithnodrive View Post
    A TV anywhere near the music centre (not even the same room, ideally) is a complete no no.
    De gustibus non disputandum est ;-)
    My system:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12