+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A setup from Milan V2.0

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Prego, bello!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robert.

Nice music maker Eugenio.

How do the decks differ to your ears ?
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Eugenio.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post

How do the decks differ to your ears ?
    Hi Robert,

the turntables are different, with different phonostage and cartridge.
    The 1210 is connected to the internal phonostage of Burmester 011 and has a Lyra Delos, while the Empire/Benz 698 is connected to the Rega IOS and has a Transfiguration Spirit. The last turntable also need a new belt and motor grommets, and needs a calibration of springs. So it's not in its best conditions at the moment.

The Technics sounds very fast and detailed, very balanced without been dry or harsh.
    The other is a bit less precise extremes of the audio band but have warmer and more emphasized medium range, less hifi but a pleasure to the ear.

So I am so happy to have 2 turntables that sound so different, one is very hi-fi, while the other is very tasty :-D

In this regard the new bases in panzerholz have contributed on both turntables to a better focus / scene and have improved the speed of response to transients
    My system:
    Analog sources: Basis 2001 signature + Vector 4 tonearm
    Cartridges: koetsu Urushi Vermilion, Transfiguration Spirit, Ortofon MC-20 Super, Denon DL-103 SA
    Digital source: Denon DVD A1 (modified by Aurion Audio) - Apple Mac Mini + Schiit Eitr
    Phonostage: DIY Ear 834 clone + Denon HA 1000
    Power Amp: Dsonic M3a-1500M *2
    Preamp: Grandinote Proemio
    Loudspeakers: Proac EBS

I'm ADRIAN.

Hey eu_73
    Thanks for this post I enjoyed it - really interesting mix of gear, that I cannot imagine the sound it has in my head. But it must be great I would think!
    Last edited by Castroil; 09-06-2018 at 14:05. Reason: still trying to add a pic

I'm Eugenio.

Quote Originally Posted by Castroil View Post
    Hey eu_73
    Thanks for this post I enjoyed it - really interesting mix of gear, that I cannot imagine the sound it has in my head. But it must be great I would think!
    Hello Adrian,
    thank you.
    Many people think that Burmester has a hyper-detailed sound and turns to cold tones, probably because of the appearance of the machines with many chrome parts.
    My set up is very neutral, just a bit shifted on the warm side. The sound is detailed, it just flows like water - naturally without ever having the impression of any bottleneck - and is extended both in the high range and in the low range, even with the physical limits imposed by the B25 loudspeakers.
    The voices are in my opinion very very beautiful, in particular the male ones that appear almost real.
    My system:
    Cartridges: koetsu Urushi Vermilion, Transfiguration Spirit, Ortofon MC-20 Super, Denon DL-103 SA
    Digital source: Denon DVD A1 (modified by Aurion Audio) - Apple Mac Mini + Schiit Eitr

I'm ADRIAN.

Hey Eugenio.

Its good that you're happy with your system at the moment and don't need to change anything
    Iv'e got an ageing Marantz CD72 SE and am thinking of , in the future combining CD and DVD as you have with the DVD A1
    how do you find it using it as your CD replay ?
    DSCN3172.jpg

my set-up

I'm Eugenio.

Quote Originally Posted by Castroil View Post
    Hey Eugenio.

Its good that you're happy with your system at the moment and don't need to change anything
    Iv'e got an ageing Marantz CD72 SE and am thinking of , in the future combining CD and DVD as you have with the DVD A1
    how do you find it using it as your CD replay ?
    DSCN3172.jpg

my set-up
    Hi Adrian,

my DVD A1 has been modified and has a new output stage, with a dedicated power supply.
    But also withoud midification I find it is a very good cd player, with a bonus: you can use it as dac because there are 2 digital input.
    For thr front channel it uses 2 Burr Brown 1704 in parallel per channel, and I love this converter, in my opinion one of the best ever made.
    While if you want to use it as dvd player I think it is too old, it doesn't have any hdmi output but only scart or rgb. So not the better choice with a recent television...
    My system:

I'm Mike.

A TV anywhere near the music centre (not even the same room, ideally) is a complete no no.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Eugenio.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewithnodrive View Post
    A TV anywhere near the music centre (not even the same room, ideally) is a complete no no.
    De gustibus non disputandum est ;-)
    My system:

I'm Eugenio.

At the end the project of a sliding panel to cover the tv has been changed.

I've asked for a solution to a company that is engaged in acoustic treatment, do they did all the measurements and gave me a project for treatment of front and rear wall and for the ceiling.

At the moment there have been done only the front and rear wall, with very good results. Not sure if I would treat even the ceiling, it would be a bit too intrusive aesthetically.

Here's the result, will follow some better pics

My system:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast