+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Jbl le8t-2 help !!!

I'm Geoff.

Removing the dustcap wil just give you a nice view of the magnet pole piece, but not anything you can fix.

Replacement lead out wires from the cone to terminals are available, but if you get no reading across the 'pips' the problem likely lies with the coils. Even checking that entails removing the cones. The foam surrounds will need prising off the chassis edge and the rear spider will need the same, if you can even reach it all round to do so.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    I will do that in the morning mate thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good morning Edward, I have just tested for continuity like you said and there is no break in continuity from the cone to the terminals

I'm Edward.

Sorry it did not work out Andrew.

But still I imagine that the issue is something simple. From what I understand both drivers tested just fine and then when you did the cone surrounds both drivers now no longer read. Given that the continuity between the tinsel wire check out ok my suspicion is that the connecting voicecoil wires have been disturbed. Personally I would, given there is now nothing to lose, remove the dustcap and see if I can lay new wires parallel as far as I could from where the voicecoil wire meets the tinsel 'pip' to the voicecoil itself.

Obviously a new voicecoil and rewire will sort it but that would involve a full recone which probably makes your project uneconomic.

Glad to see your Radfords are now sorted. How do they sound?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Andrew.

Hi Edward, I’ve given up on the Jbl’s now mate and they’re now on devilbay.
    The radfords sound surprisingly nice though my ocd means I’ll never be happy until they have their original tweeters.
    I now have a pair of huge Radford Auditorium speakers and they sound absolutely incredible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456