+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Microsoft

I'm Steve.

You don't always get the choice of upgrading
    my other half turned on her computer after breakfast to find her laptop half way through the upgrade

Absolute crap Microsoft but cant do anything until we can afford to dump it and get a Mac Grrrrr
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    I moved to Apple several years back. You cant do everything that can be done on a Windows PC, but for what I use a computer for these days I can do everything I need to. Yes they are more expensive but the modern Macs keep current for years, unlike the older ones that tended to become obsolete a bit too quick. Also by the time you find a PC with the same build quality and same performance screen, your not paying too much more anyway IMO.
    Ain't that the truth, bro! Switching to a Mac was one of the best things I've done. Once you get used to the operating system, which in reality is piss-easy and much more intuitive than that of a PC, there's no going back to an inferior (in so many ways) Windoze machine.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ain't that the truth, bro! Switching to a Mac was one of the best things I've done. Once you get used to the operating system, which in reality is piss-easy and much more intuitive than that of a PC, there's no going back to an inferior (in so many ways) Windoze machine.

Marco.
    ++++++1
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm malcolm.

What's a Mac like at accessing other pc file systems on a network, particularly Linux based ones?
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Paul.

As the Mac OS is Linux based I would have thought quite well.
    ~Paul~

I'm Martin.

I just like to stay with what I know. Not had a problem with Windows 10.

I remember when Windows first came out and I was looking at it and thinking 'What do we need all this shit for?' I found it really hard to adjust to it from DOS.

XP Pro was the best and nearly everyone on the planet agrees with that statement. Can't see why they don't just go back to that for the next one.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    As the Mac OS is Linux based I would have thought quite well.
    Not necessarily so, it isn't easy doing sharing between Linux based machines. I can access my vortexbox files from my Linux Mint laptop but streaming them is difficult, not so with Windows.
    Audiophile Tosher

Default Au contaire

Just to show the other side, I have binned all my Mac stuff and gone back to windows 10 on all 4 of my machines as its so easy and quick. Finally gave up with Apple after the four hundred and ninety second time it asked my for at least 3 different passwords to change anything.......
    Nick

UK - Technics SP10, EPA 500, AT33SA - Roonserver on i5 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet 1000 PRO CI - Magico S5 - Finite Elemente Wall Shelf

Spain - Roonserver on i7 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Ergo IX

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Never had that problem with mine, Nick - but then I rarely change anything!

Apart from posting here and using the Internet, my laptop is used for sending emails, a little shopping and some music streaming, although that's almost non-existent now, since I've gone the OSMC/Kodi route.

Therefore, I just like something that's piss-easy to use, for a non-computer geek, looks good (with great graphics and sound), is built well and reliable - and less prone to viruses. For me, a Mac ticks those boxes better than any PC I've used.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm jamie.

last night i went back from 10 to windows 7,i dont miss it one bit.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast