+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Microsoft

I'm malcolm.

Default Thank you Microsoft

Thank you Microsoft for the Windows 10 April Update! Took ages to install, laptop now boots up even slower and thanks for removing 'homegroup' which was an easy shortcut for me to quickly connect to Linux servers...now I have to map to them and had to go into services settings to get a small degree of functionality back!
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Hugh.

Similar experience here. Had to do a shitload of Googling to find how to mend the settings it had ****ed up.

Lots of unhappy bunnies out here sharing their woes.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Just say 'fuck it' and get a Mac! It's not called Windoze for nothing

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Just say 'fuck it' and get a Mac! It's not called Windoze for nothing

Marco.
    +1, I said f it to Microshit a long time ago.

I'm malcolm.

I use Linux on everything thing else but unfortunately there are some programs which run on windows that I would miss and despite the above it's still easier for samba shares
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Robert.

Just unbelievable what these so called genius experts can do to us on the back of what is supposed to be an improvement.

How many times have these updates (more like upsets!) caused instability and proper inconvenience.

My very new at the time Lenovo All in One PC literally ground to a halt after I reluctantly installed Windows 10, after constant bombardment by Microsoft to do so.

Was the biggest relief ever when i finally managed to get it off and stay Windows 8.1.

Regardless and all said and done. The PC went back to running perfectly smooth and hasn't missed a beat in the years since and thats all that matters to me and the household as far as we're concerned.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Modified Technics SL1210 MK5G
    Mike New precision bearing, bearing base plate, ETP Platter
    Micro Seiki MA-202 tonearm, rewired, hybrid ceramic bearings
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge
    Yannis Tome 423.5 Silver-Litz tonearm cable with KLEI Pure Silver Harmony plugs
    Ebony armboard
    Audio Technica MS-8 Magnesium headshell, Ortofon pure silver headshell leads
    Isonoe Isolation Feet
    Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules), DCSXL pure-silver DC lead with Jaegar low impedance connector
    CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable, Airlock plugs - bare wire amp end.
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket, Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs with Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by willbewill View Post
    I use Linux on everything thing else but unfortunately there are some programs which run on windows that I would miss and despite the above it's still easier for samba shares
    there is a fix http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...Corner/page145 post 1444 on
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Geoff.

I've made a point of sticking with W7. When (if) that eventually becomes unusable I'll go to Linux.

I'm Paul.

I moved to Apple several years back. You cant do everything that can be done on a Windows PC, but for what I use a computer for these days I can do everything I need to. Yes they are more expensive but the modern Macs keep current for years, unlike the older ones that tended to become obsolete a bit too quick. Also by the time you find a PC with the same build quality and same performance screen, your not paying too much more anyway IMO.
    ~Paul~

I'm Martin.

I dont like updates because they essentially have a route into my equipment to do whatever the hell they like.

They have just "updated" the 360 but the main gist of it is to remind us again to buy an xbox one. Ive lost certain picture thumbnails in my online game menu and dotted the menu with information I already know and didnt want to see. It basically adds up to buy an xbox one now because youve taken too long you shirkers.

I shouldnt have accepted the update but they get round natural suspicion by saying it fixes minor bugs which Ive never noticed and may be just fibs to get other aspects of the change installed

There is nothing in the update that has benefitted me and its just shut down some of the good feeling about the console because they know that a lot of people are still using them and buying the cheap S/H games.

I shouldnt have accepted the "update". Its a word associated with positivity but can often be used take backward steps which spoil my experience
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 06-06-2018 at 10:05.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast