+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Radford monitor m.90

I'm Andrew.

Sticking with the radford theme I’m confused with what I’ve found with the auditoriums, with the ions you could not place the speakers in room ( like I’ve never known) but the volume was at over half way for a normal listening level so I thought I’d try the pm4 in class A and wow what a difference ( soundstage not as good )
    Now I’d love to hear them with a lot more grunt .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    Sticking with the radford theme I’m confused with what I’ve found with the auditoriums, with the ions you could not place the speakers in room ( like I’ve never known) but the volume was at over half way for a normal listening level so I thought I’d try the pm4 in class A and wow what a difference ( soundstage not as good )
    Now I’d love to hear them with a lot more grunt .

The Auditoriums are at least a decade earlier than the M90s but having so many drivers to integrate means inevitably the crossover is more complex, so consequently would I expect power requirements to be higher than most (simpler) speakers of the time ... a lot more power hungry than the equivalent Tannoy Monitor Gold of the period which is happy with 20w of push-pull, I'd expect to double that or more to get the best out of the Auditoriums. Interestingly the top Radford Valve amp in 1967, when the Auditoriums were current, was my STA100 (100w class AB).

I'm Andrew.

That would explain it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123