+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest addition to the setup..

I'm Tony.

Default Latest addition to the setup..

Freshly delivered from Belgium today, a Xiang Sheng DAC 01a (no, I don’t know which flavour) :-)

For the princely sum of just over £100, I thought it might be interesting to try a bit of noodling:-

Using the Audio Analogue Paganini as a transport first, then..

Swapping out the Allo Boss DAC on the RPi for an Allo DigiOne into the Xiang Sheng.

Cant do anything until the cables arrive though

Also have a NOS Reflektor 6N3P-DR en route to try out (can’t spring for a WE right now).

To be continued...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Brian.

I'm using one of these in my system just now and it's excellent IMO . The Reflektor valve is a marked improvement over the stock Chinese valve , however the WE is well worth fitting into this DAC .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Geoff.

Coincidentally, I'm working on a couple of my walpurgis 'Del-Boy' CD to Dac digital interconnect cables. Wanna trial one Tony? It'll match or better anything else you'll come across at a sane price!

I'm Tony.

Sounds good to me! :-) Will DM you.
    T
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm steve.

I tried the Reflektor valve in my XS Dac 01 and it did improve on the stock 6n3 chinese valve but I found the General Electric JAN5670w to be even better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

I've just procured a lightly used one of these. On its side due to space issues

For the price, it really is very good. I have a Telefunken ECC88 thanks to Firebottle doing some mods. It's worth every penny I paid for it, plus it works with Windows 10 lol.

I'm Justin.

It is a glorious DAC for the money. No two ways about it. Not flawless, but hey.

Jerry then I have been trying to tell you all.

I have a couple of these really high quality Sylvanias for sale if anyone wants one, but the killer valve is WE 396A. Repeat killer.

I'm Tony.

Thanks for all the feedback gang, it’s all appreciated.

Sounds like I’m going to have to get hold of a WE once I know the DAC is basically ok.

Anyone have any experience or feedback on comparison of the Allo Boss vs The Allo DigiOne/XS Dac 01a?

I'm Neil.

Hi Tony

I'm interested in getting one of these myself and was wondering from which seller you acquired the XS as I see there are several on the bay that ship from Belgium?

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbox81 View Post
    Hi Tony

I'm interested in getting one of these myself and was wondering from which seller you acquired the XS as I see there are several on the bay that ship from Belgium?
    This was the seller I bought from

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast