+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scam alert !

I'm Robert.

Angry Scam alert !

Just a heads up ladies and gents and maybe a place to start posting dodgy scamming scammers and the like.

I purchased a pair of branded trainers a few weeks ago, at a price much less than anywhere else ( Lesson no. 1) from http://www.camunihockey.co.uk/

Received an email from greathotsalesseason2@gmail.com asking me to confirm shoe size required - seems I missed giving that bit of detail somehow.

Anyway, afterwards ( Lesson no. 2 check unfamilar sites before placing the order ) I decided to check if anything negative online about this site

This scam info site shows them as 78% safe BUT states this is a new site https://www.scamadviser.com/is-camun...fake-site.html

I then decide to check the email address here http://creditcardcharge.org/unknown/...&page=51#start comments dont look good

and here http://creditcardcharge.org/unknown/...EZ+CO#comments

Basically, today a package turned up from China, opened to find a pair of very cR&p cheap fake nike cloth type trainers, size 7 Womens.

Pretty much matches the experience of other comments ie: Totally wrong item, cheapo from China.

I wont even email the company as I know that that will be a total and utter waste of time, so lesson learned and a warning as I'm usually very very good at avoiding these types of pitfalls.

You can never be too careful, Never ever trust unfamiliar, obscure sites until you've at least done untold checks and searches on them first as a minimum to satisfy yourself it's safe to conduct a transaction.

I'm £70.00plus out of pocket.

Is there anywhere proper and 'official' where you can report this type of thing ?
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Grant.

if its from China, its pretty much out of anyone's ability to do anything. The Chinese are a law unto themselves. If you used paypal or a credit card you might be able to do something that way.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robert.

Yeah was a debit card transaction so not expecting my dough back. Thinking more somewhere where you can report these things for what it's worth ?

Bank statement shows payee / descrription as GPAY*BESTCOMMERCEE
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Grant.

National Trading Standards eCrime Team. dunno the address tho.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

So following that through Its a Chinese scam operation operating a website to make it look like a UK fashion brand company??

I Know that plenty of Chinese sellers advertise as being in the UK on ebay but when falling for it Im paypal covered and its of a very low value

Its a heads up but Im pretty set in my ways on the usual places I buy my clothes and trainers. I dont tend to trust any of these new fashion sites even if they are legit.

Scammers everywhere. I have about ten numbers on my phone blocklist and still get some phishing emails.

You can report it to scam advisor and then they can say the site is 77% safe.

I'm Paul.

If it was a debit card payment you may want to cancel your card and get a new one, just to be safe. Sometimes scammers will farm card details but wait several months before taking money as this makes it much harder to trace them.
    ~Paul~

I'm Dominic.

Even if you used a debit card to pay it is always worthwhile talking to your bank. Ask to speak to their fraud department. No, insist.

I bought an item online and returned it within 7 days during the trial period as the advert stated, yet I was still billed for that transaction and a month later another item arrived which I didn't order yet got billed again. In the (very) fine print on the website I found out that if you used a debit card you automatically consented to a Continuous Payment Authority. Sneaky bastids.

I rang my bank and asked for the CPA to be cancelled with immediate effect and they returned the two payments I had made already within an hour.
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Robert.

Thanks Paul\Dominic, it did cross my mind the whole debit card thing.

I'll pop into the bank during my lunch break.
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

I'm Robert.

Sorted with bank, new debit card will be with me within 3 days.
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

I'm Grant.

good news
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast