+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Starting Point Systems DAC 3 - "The Frenchie"

I'm Justin.

Default FS: Starting Point Systems DAC 3 - "The Frenchie"

French NOS Battery DAC from Starting Point Systems.

Buy one new from ebay and the £25 postage cost will get you to about £114. Buy this one, for £70 including postage - £44 less. Used only for a few hours, in spanking as new condition.

Nice little DAC. They arrive exactly as per the video (an excuse to use my new OnePlus 6 and as selling by pictures is just so passe), with no documentation or paper work. So you don't get a charger. I'll make sure I fully charge it before you get it.

Search ebay for more info. A forum member says changing the batteries changes the sound. I didn't try it so can't verify it.

One of Jerry's cheapo faves. I thought it was good for the money - it certainly doesn't sound unpleasant in a pretty high end system. Its presentation is a little rolled off in the HF, so recommended maybe if you find your system a little bright.

The output level is lowish, so if you are using a passive and struggle with gain to any degree do not go for it, I would say.

I'm gone.

Nice DAC. I liked mine more than Justin did his.
    TAD1543 NOS - so yes, a little rolled off at the top but I found it very solid sounding and quite meaty. An enjoyable sound, I liked mine a lot, but didn't try different batteries.

Here's a current fleabay listing -
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-SPDIF...UAAOSw1S9Weu2s

I'm Justin.

Let's have some fun.

This DAC gets £1 cheaper for every day it hasn't sold from my initial post.

Who will break first?

I'm Geoff.

Well, to save you the suspense, lets just say it's been here two months and I'll give you a tenner.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Well, to save you the suspense, lets just say it's been here two months and I'll give you a tenner.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I'm not giving you a Frenchie for a tenner. I've got principles.

I'm Grant.

Nice video for a reputedly good dac. Our Brian had one too... never got chance to hear it tho.. glws...certainly worth asking price
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jo.

I have one of these magic boxes and I think it is fab - especially for longer listening session with headphones. A friend bought one a couple of months ago after using mine for a couple of weeks. A proper steal at Justin's asking price. The cost of new ones has been slowly but surely increasing over the last few months.

I'm Justin.

£69 and falling...

I'm Justin.

£67.

Flaw in plan. If this was forgotten about for 170 days and someone pounced, I'd owe them the DAC and £100.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast