+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WANTED Puresound T10 SUT

I'm Gwyn.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    If you're using a transformer the output impedance of the cartridge will determine the low frequency extension, and the lower the cartridge impedance the lower the LF will go. For that reason I would recommend lower impedance cartridges such as Ortofons (typically about 5 ohms) or Audio Technicas (typically about 12 ohms) rather than anything much higher. The Denon DL-103, for example, is 40 ohms. The Hana is 30 ohms.
    Having said that, we're talking about LF cut-offs (usually) in the sub-20Hz region and maybe there's an argument that limiting the LF extension could actually be beneficial by helping to cut out subsonic noise.
    Anyway, plenty of people use Denons with step-up transformers and never complain of lack of bass, so maybe I'm just waffling (again).
    Hi Andrew thanks for your input, I must admit that when I've heard Ortofon cartridges the haven't struck me as being more extended than any other cartridge. I'm familiar with the at Sound and have owned quite a few over the years but prefer a slightly warmer sound. Was wondering if the Hana would give me that.
    I said "I'M A LITTLE DEAF"

I'm Gwyn.

Chris what cartridge has been your favourite

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by friendly View Post
    Hi Gwyn

I know where there is a really nice Ortofon MC2000 II going for £600, this is a really nice cartridge

Lee
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm Gwyn.

I would prefer to buy new unless I know the one carful lady owner ��

Bigman80 Guest

Hi Andrew thanks for your input, I must admit that when I've heard Ortofon cartridges the haven't struck me as being more extended than any other cartridge. I'm familiar with the at Sound and have owned quite a few over the years but prefer a slightly warmer sound. Was wondering if the Hana would give me that.
    Go for an ATOC9III If you like a slightly warmer presentation.

Review of the OC9.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/...hono-cartridge

I'm Gwyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Go for an ATOC9III If you like a slightly warmer presentation.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/...hono-cartridge
    I used oc9's for ten years but then used Grado Platinum and much preferred the tonal richness. I'm looking for a mc that gives me a rich full bodied tones but with extended highs.
    Review of the OC9

Bigman80 Guest

Fair enough. Find yourself a AT ART7 That'll fix that problem for you.
    I used oc9's for ten years but then used Grado Platinum and much preferred the tonal richness. I'm looking for a mc that gives me a rich full bodied tones but with extended highs.
    Review of the OC9

I'm Gwyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Fair enough. Find yourself a AT ART7 That'll fix that problem for you.

My ears are bigger than my wallet

Bigman80 Guest

My ears are bigger than my wallet
    🤣 I know how you feel but out of all the cartridges I've heard, this one would tick the boxes. Never know, a used one may turn up at some point.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Of the Audio Technica cartridges I have used, the AT33EV has a fuller and warmer tone than the AT OC9MLii, though the OC9 does have superb tracking especially towards the inner grooves.

I haven't tried the Hana SL but Guy Sergeant tells me it's his favourite mc at this price point with a warmer and sweeter tone than the AT's.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast