+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dash cams

I'm John.

Default Dash cams

Does anybody here use a dashcam? The small camera mounted on a car windscreen to record journeys? If so what would you recommend? Thanks.
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm Steve.

'Which' magazine's Best Buys tend to be made by NextBase. We have one, also a 'Best Buy', model 312GW (I've just been to the car to check). I bought it for the missus for her birthday a couple of years ago, and she reckons it's great. I think I paid about £90 for it.

With the increasing reliance upon traffic cameras to 'police' the roads, with a corresponding reduction in actual police, these dash cams are our only reals defence against knobhead drivers.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Ade.

Quote Originally Posted by prestonchipfryer View Post
    Does anybody here use a dashcam? The small camera mounted on a car windscreen to record journeys? If so what would you recommend? Thanks.
    Yes a Nextbase because they work well. I bought the 2 camera front & rear one. Get a large SD card and tell your insurance company and you'll likely get a discount which pretty much pays for itself in a couple of years.

Without one I'd be looking at a best case scenario of 50/50 knock for knock and a slap on the wrists [long story] and because I owned one; with the evidence the police had at the roadside I was a non fault winner.

Wouldn't drive without one now as far too many dickheads on the road. Albeit I'm on the road a lot!

Police tend to be reliant on video evidence these days... (lazy) so it will help in any insurance cases enormously if you are not at fault.
    You can get it professionally and discretely hard wired by high street fitters for under £30 as well which hides that wire hanging down in your windscreen.
    Last edited by Parcelmonkey; 03-06-2018 at 21:52.

I'm Geoff.

I find dashcams a bit of a pain. You can't leave one on show if you're away from the car, as it's an invtation for somebody to break in, which means you have to either take it with you or find space to stash it out of sight. The only time my cars get dinged is when they're parked up anyway.

I'm Graham.

Does anyone use one with a "Park" feature, which uses motion sensor to protect the car while parked? We have a lot of vandalism going on in our area and I'm thinking of getting a dash-cam with this feature.
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

I'm Steve.

I have a Nextbase 312G and it has saved my bacon on a couple of occasions, for example when a 'lady' rolled backwards into me at a set of lights and then proceeded to accuse me of driving into the back of her. Despite me telling her several times that I had it all on camera she was about to call the police when a bystander who had seen the whole thing told her what he had seen and she just got back in the car and was away, no apology!
    I would recommend everyone has one, I bought it as I drive over 40k miles per year.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by aquapiranha View Post
    I drive over 40k miles per year
    More than ten times my mileage. Had my car four years and up to 15k miles now and my ten year old blke has 4k on.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    More than ten times my mileage. Had my car four years and up to 15k miles now and my ten year old blke has 4k on.
    the DATS may arrive tomorrow...

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by aquapiranha View Post
    the DATS may arrive tomorrow...

Digital Action Tracking System?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post

Digital Action Tracking System?
    Sorry posted on the wrong place! It is a speaker analysis device for measuring TS parameters btw...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast