+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: clearout, big list of analogue and digital bits, some real bargains

montesquieu Guest

Default FS: clearout, big list of analogue and digital bits, some real bargains

I'm having a clearout of stuff I'm not using, some real bargains here, a few were listed previously but all have been reduced quite a bit, some new additions here as well.

SOLD Shiit Modi Multibit DAC - this is one of the more expensive Shiit DACs, retailing at £270 plus shipping from Germany. In original box with power supply.

From the spec sheet:

Schiit Modi Multibit DAC is the most affordable multibit DAC with a modern architecture. Featuring Schiit's unique closed-form digital filter, and using the same Analog Devices AD5547 multibit DAC as the Bifrost, Modi Multibit smashes the high-price barrier in multibit DAC's.
    The idea behind Schiit Modi multibit was to shrink the Bi Frost multibit and offer multiple digital inputs for a great price. Like the Bifrost multibit the Schiit Modi multibit offers USB, Toslink, and RCA inputs, each individually selectable via a front-panel button. It's ready for all sample rates 16/44.1 to 24/192 via USB 16/44.1 to 24/192 via Toslink and Coax, with 24/176 and 24/192 being NOS (non-oversampled)

Full details here: https://schiit.eu.com/dacs/modi-multibit

Offering this at £150 collected or plus £5 shipped in the UK

SOLD Musical Fidelity X10-D tube buffer with aftermarket power supply. Just had two brand new AEG ECC88s fitted as the originals I got it with packed up soon after I started playing with it. Offering this at £65 collected or plus £5 shipped in the UK

SOLD Ortofon SL-15E moving coil cartridge in SPU-style headshell, with stylus guard and vintage Ortofon box. Superb moving coil cartridge based on higher compliance version of the SPU design, that later became the basis of most of Ortofon’s later moving coil designs - not just a piece of history but a very nice sound in its own right. About 20g total headshell weight (as opposed to 32g for a typical SPU) it doesn’t need a heavy arm to sound its best so happy on Jelcos, later SME 3009 or other medium or medium-low mass tonearms. Lowish output - I have a suitable matching high gain SUT though would rather hang onto to this unless whoever buys it doesn't have suitable amplification. £275 collected or plus £5 shipped in UK.

Choice of SPU-related headshells:

SOLD Ortofon SPU headshell with gold fittings and stylus guard
    I got this to turn my SPU Royal N into an SPU Royal GM, but decided to stick with the naked look. Has all the necessary fittings (wiring, weight, screws) to slot any SPU cartridge in and off she goes. I had this up at £225, now £180 collected or plus £5 posted in the UK.

- Nasotec Swing headshell for Ortofon SPU
    This ingenious device enables all the benefits of a parallel tracker without the hassles (pumps etc). This is the SPU version which gives correct tracking weight once the SPU cartridge has been transplanted. Rhese are £295 new which is what I paid for it, I had it up at £140, now £100 collected or plus £5 posted. Really worth a look if you have an SPU, it actually sounds better than the standard SPU shell in my opinion and it’s the same weight so minimal re-setting required.

Video here for the 10g non SPU version but the principle is the same:

Actual headshell here:

Moving magnet cartridges:

- Shure M3D cartridge with two styli - standard aftermarket, and (incredibly - very rare) a Shure M3D branded original in its own box and packaging. I previously had this up at £150 now £100 collected or plus £5 posted in the UK.

- Shure M44-7 cartridge strapped for mono, with Expert Stylus 3.2 conical cartridge, for use with 78s. Mono strapping cuts noise. Tracks at 5g. £60. Great fun with 78s and a total bargain (Expert Stylus charge £75 just for the stylus).

- Shure M77-DA cartridge - interesting one this it’s a stereo cartridge with a 1mil tip, mainly for playing 7in 45s. Often used in juke boxes in the 1960s. Nice condition with original tip. £15 collected or plus £5 posted in the UK.. Could be a cool thing to have on a headshell if you have a 45 collection.

SOLD Technics EPC270c in Technics headshell. Now becoming highly rated with people putting fancy tip on (it also takes the Tonar Diabolic E and S stylus assemblies). This one has an original factory stylus. £45 collected or plus £5 posted in the UK. Tons of info on these over on the Lenco forum they are quite a cult item.

ON HOLD B&O SP1 cartridge -
    this was one of the earliest stereo cartridges dating from the late 1950s, it has all the punch of an SPU as well as quite a way with delicacy. Low compliance MM so fits well into a stable of other low compliance cartridges (currently lives alongside a clutch of Miyajimas and SPUs). About 18 months ago I scored an original B&O stylus assembly (unobtanium) and since then I’ve played maybe 30 records. Also has an ultra-rare stylus guard. I love this cartridge but it’s not getting played. I had this up at £135, now £100 collected or plus £5 posted in the UK. NOS B&O SP1/2 styli alone sell for that. This one fits a normal headshell it’s the SP2 that’s dedicated to the B&O arm.

ON HOLD Linn K5. Came with a turntable years ago, condition looks good and plays well last time I had it on. I believe this is effectively an AT95E. £20 including postage.

Last edited by montesquieu; 03-06-2018 at 14:17.

I'm Mark.

I'll take the tube buffer pleaee

I'm Jules.

I'll take the Linn K5 please.

I'm Grant.

The B&O is very tempting
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The B&O is very tempting
    Swap for a few interesting records Grant if you fancy ....

I'm Grant.

what do you like again.. got lots of blues and some old jazz stuff; like Fats waller etc. a fair amount of rockabilly... a couple of very rare chuck berrys. some prog... got a rare and valuable bowie live double...numbered.. goes up in value every year..
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    what do you like again.. got lots of blues and some old jazz stuff; like Fats waller etc. a fair amount of rockabilly... a couple of very rare chuck berrys. some prog... got a rare and valuable bowie live double...numbered.. goes up in value every year..
    Sent you PM Grant and happy to hold it for you till we've worked something out.

I'm Grant.

cheers.. replied
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I'll take the SL15E mounted in the Ortofon G headshell please Tom.

Remind me of your bank details by PM

Thanks
    Barry
    Barry

montesquieu Guest

Ortofon SL15E now sold and B&O on hold for Grant.

Responses sent to Markii re tube buffer and Magic re K5, so these are on hold too pending payment.

Everything else still available.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast