+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Sale: Jordan Eikona 2 VTL Speakers

I'm steve.

Default For Sale: Jordan Eikona 2 VTL Speakers

Having been residing in my bedroom for the last few months I’ve decided to sell my Jordan Eikona 2 VTL speakers and downsize to something a little more appropriate.
    The speakers were bought in early 2017 from BK Electronics as bare MDF cabinets which I spray painted myself in gloss white, the standard of finish is pretty good although I’m not a professional painter. Due to the popularity of their kits BK now sell the VTLs as fully finished speakers in gloss white or gloss black for £1015. They can be used with the mesh grills shown in the picture or without, I also made some circular bases which can be used if a more stable arrangement is required, including spikes.
    The speakers are wired internally with Audioquest FLX Slip 14/2 cable.
    The Eikona 2 drive unit is probably the best full range driver currently available and that’s reflected in the retail price of £432/pr. Although a relatively small driver it is capable of extended bass to below 40hz in the VTL cabinet design.
    I will be sorry to see them go but they are just overkill in a bedroom setup.
    Unfortunately I do not have any suitable boxes to ship them so the buyer must collect or I’m prepared to deliver them personally if the buyer lives within 50 miles of Rotherham, South Yorkshire for the cost of fuel.
    If buyer collects the price is £450, £470 if I deliver.(Negotiable)
    Considering the cost of the Eikonas my asking price for the complete speakers is little more than the drive unit cost.
    Thanks for looking
    Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by steve-z; 02-06-2018 at 14:40.

I'm Ian.

Excellent speakers using the Eikona drivers. VTL's were my first build using Jordan JX92 drivers and the later replacement with Eikonas was a considerable improvement. I've now got 8 Eikona drivers in the house waiting for a new build Good luck with the sale.

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Excellent speakers using the Eikona drivers. VTL's were my first build using Jordan JX92 drivers and the later replacement with Eikonas was a considerable improvement. I've now got 8 Eikona drivers in the house waiting for a new build Good luck with the sale.
    Thanks Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Ian,

I would very interested in the new four Eikona design after hearing your original two per speaker system, which I thought was superb some time ago. (I understand your have also changed you amp??)

I have gone down a slightly different route, which you may not agree with. Instead of using the Jordan Eikona, I have gone for the much more affordable Alpair 10.3M(A) units. “Just Superb”

We all have our preferences, but little difference in my humble opinion for 25% of the cost.

Any thoughts?

Peter

P.S. still enjoying the Revolver Cygnus Speakers

I'm Ian.

Hi Peter, probably not the place to discuss Eikona vs Alpair - I'll pm you.

I'm Peter.

I thank you for you kindness.

Private message only...... understand!

Peter

I'm steve.

Default For Sale: Jordan Eikona 2 VTL Speakers

Would also consider a px/swap for a pair of Q Acoustics stand mounts + cash, preferably Concept 20s

Last edited by steve-z; 04-06-2018 at 23:38.

I'm steve.

SPEAKERS NOW SOLD !!

I'm steve.

As planned, the Jordans have been replaced by Q Acoustics Concept 20s, had them for a week now and they are nicely broken in, certainly the bass level has come up quite a bit in the last couple of days so much so that I think I’m going to pull them out a bit from the back wall. The speakers have had lots of rave reviews and awards and tbh they are totally justified, the treble is the star of the show having oodles of detail and amazing transparency, definitely the best I’ve heard in over 40 years, the midband also rivals the treble being just as transparent and giving exceptional focus and positional location of instruments and vocals in the soundstage, being pretty tiny speakers ultimate bass weight and extension is limited but what bass there is has tightness, speed, tunefulness and attack, certainly the Gelcore “cabinet within a cabinet” design seems to reduce resonance and spurious artefacts to a very low level, makes me wonder how good the Concept 40s would sound in my living room setup, if only I could afford them ☹️

Last edited by steve-z; 17-06-2018 at 19:38.

+ Reply to Thread