+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTD: Decent cheap MM cartridge low hours

I'm Lawrence.

Default WTD: Decent cheap MM cartridge low hours

Don't know much about these things but if anyone has a low hours low to mid price "giant killer" MM cartridge suitable for an SME3009 I'd be very interested. As I only play a few records a year I can't justify spending much, but my budget Audio Technica one (yellow one) isn't that good and I just go back to CD when I hear it.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Kevin.

Try and pick up a Technics EPC-U205 with aftermarket stylus. They go for little money and take something special to sound better.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Graham.

I have a Shure M97xE with only about ten hours on it. You can have it mounted in an AT SME fitting headshell for £100.00 or without the headshell for £85.00.

GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

I'm Roger.

I have an ADC ZLM, new old stock. It's in very good condition and the currently fitted stylus has had perhaps 10 or so hours use. These go for wild amounts of money on ebay. You can see a few on there at the moment. I'll price it at £150 including postage. It came fitted to a deck I bought and does not have original box or stylus guard but I'll make sure to package it securely. This classic rarely seen cartridge was top of the ADC range in its day.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by rodgerdodger15 View Post
    I have an ADC ZLM, new old stock. It's in very good condition and the currently fitted stylus has had perhaps 10 or so hours use. These go for wild amounts of money on ebay. You can see a few on there at the moment. I'll price it at £150 including postage. It came fitted to a deck I bought and does not have original box or stylus guard but I'll make sure to package it securely. This classic rarely seen cartridge was top of the ADC range in its day.
    Sounds like a nice cartridge but are you sure it's NOS if it was on a used TT you bought?

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    I have a Shure M97xE with only about ten hours on it. You can have it mounted in an AT SME fitting headshell for £100.00 or without the headshell for £85.00.

Seems like a good budget cart but they are not much more on Amazon bundled with some brush device accessory. My arm is the fixed headshell type so I don't have any use for the headshell. Thanks all the same.

I'm Mike.

NOS Shure M55e any use ?
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewithnodrive View Post
    NOS Shure M55e any use ?
    Possibly, depends on the price

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

Valid point.

I haven't really got a clue, but looking at eBay, there has only been one NOS M55e cart listed / sold and that went for£113, so, I would say £ 90 (?) is reasonable.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewithnodrive View Post
    Valid point.

I haven't really got a clue, but looking at eBay, there has only been one NOS M55e cart listed / sold and that went for£113, so, I would say £ 90 (?) is reasonable.
    I'll pass thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast