+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The most infuriating

I'm Andre.

Default The most infuriating

Thing in my life its buying used records.

Ive never know Devious people like records sells. I love records, Like what they are about but man i detest buying them. Its the same thing every time with most sellers.

My minimum accepted grade is NM/NM.. A lot of people have looked after records in the past, Plastic sleeves & all that. Played a few times & just shelved so they do exist at a premium which is fine, better than wasting money on new Junk.

This morning i chanced upon a Record in NM/NM. So just to make sure i ask to confirm the grading was correct & in addition that the Labels are the same & the sleeve has no split thru. The reply was 'Its probably the best copy you will see,order with confidence' Straight away that reply sends out alarm bells to me so i left it. The last one that said that is now in a landfill.

Earlier on i saw yet another i wanted in NM/NM. I asked the same question, reply was: Im not hunting thru to check but the grading should be correct! Uh. If he is so confident i will be buying it so he has to hunt thru them anyway. Thats actually another funny thing when people make out they have hoards of stock when they have f*ck all

Record buying is an utter utter nightmare & i am not getting anywhere fast at all. Im naturally an impatient person & i do get bored easy..

I'm Mike.

I'd agree, most sellers and especially on Discogs are pretty much lying in my opinion, most don't play the record and grade visually only, so how the fuck do they know for sure it plays without a pop or a crackle. I'm not so bothered about a mint sleeve, as long as it's not torn i'll take just about anything, but if the LP isn't as described that really pisses me off, I run all my purchases through the RCM and it sorts most things out but even so how can a grade be given without the LP coming anywhere near a turntable beats me.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Andre.

Well thats it. I only ask for a confirmation as i know thru experience that things get graded by mistake. At the end of the day different grades carry different premiums. I want what is stated. Yet they like to take the piss. They know if something is graded lesser they will either not sell it or have to virtually give it away. I can build a full collection up over a day if any old piece of shit would do but it wont..

Condition is of paramount importance to me everything i own is in perfect nic, Be it one year or fifty years old.

I'm Steve.

[QUOTE=Made in 1968;1171079]

This morning i chanced upon a Record in NM/NM. So just to make sure i ask to confirm the grading was correct & in addition that the Labels are the same & the sleeve has no split thru. The reply was 'Its probably the best copy you will see,order with confidence' Straight away that reply sends out alarm bells to me so i left it. The last one that said that is now in a landfill.

A bit harsh - couldn't you just have given him a slap?

I used to switch on my laptop thinking "I wonder what's been happening in the world of AoS? These days I'm more likely wondering "What is making Andre angry (Angre) today?"
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread