+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Sony CDP-XB930E QS UK Tuned CD player (the one with the puck)

I'm Lawrence.

Default FS: Sony CDP-XB930E QS UK Tuned CD player (the one with the puck)

In good condition, sounds great. The puck equipped transport was a trickle down from their very high end Japanese players. Ahead of its time with several filters to make subtle adjustments to the sound, I usually use 2 or 3 as sounding more "analogue" but it varies by system. Of course, it's also a superb transport with its Coax and Optical out (unlike many Sonys only having optical). Comes with non-original remote (which I prefer as the original did not have eject and only had 10 random buttons).

Collect from Durham area by tomorrow (Thursday) or I might be able to arrange to bring it to London next week. A bargain at £75.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

This is now in North London if it makes it easier for anyone.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I have one and can attest it's a fine player. One can have endless and harmless fun playing with the filter settings.

Your machine looks to be in excellent condition and for a reasonable asking price. GLWS.
    Barry

I'm Lawrence.

Thanks Barry, yes it's a pretty fine player, no "in your face" presentation like so many cd players have, I find the filters handy for matching to system changes and different discs. Subtle but noticeable in a good system. I've read people say they can't hear a difference, either their system is not up to it, or they don't listen closely enough to their music to tell.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Thanks Barry, yes it's a pretty fine player, no "in your face" presentation like so many cd players have, I find the filters handy for matching to system changes and different discs. Subtle but noticeable in a good system. I've read people say they can't hear a difference, either their system is not up to it, or they don't listen closely enough to their music to tell.
    I agree the effects are subtle but distinct and noticable - however I couldn't decide which I preferred, so I used to leave it set to "STD".
    Barry

I'm Barry.

Hmmm, I'm glad you're not closer...... I need a good player/transport and that co-aox digital out looks so sexy. My Sony 222ESD is slowly dying on me. Unfortunately my death would be far swifter were I to give in.
    ..all the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff...

Frank Zappa

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Brigadoon View Post
    Hmmm, I'm glad you're not closer...... I need a good player/transport and that co-aox digital out looks so sexy. My Sony 222ESD is slowly dying on me. Unfortunately my death would be far swifter were I to give in.
    It only takes up the same space as yours, it's cheap,and Windsor isn't that far

I'm Lawrence.

Never tried this with my Tri Vista, I'll give it a spin later in case there's a special synergy.

I'm Lawrence.

Sounded great in my main system, very smooth and controlled, no detail lost but none of the fatigue inducing forwardness of many players. Quite a mature sounding transport. However I've well and truly gone file based now so reduced for a quick sale.

I'm Lawrence.

Missed the new price, reduced to £60. Don't have a suitable box so collection only please. You can have a free Philips CD player if you come though!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast