+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello, I'm 58 years old this year.

I'm ADRIAN.

Default Hello, I'm 58 years old this year.

I bought my first record age 12 . I have stayed with the records ( and played with CD , video, Cassette and DVD along the way). Having stayed with the records and enjoyed trying out many things I am now comfortable with vinyl at last.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Adrian. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what music you listen to and what equipment you have in your Hi-Fi system.

You'll find this is a friendly place with a lot going on, so just join in and chat with everybody.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm gone.

Hi Adrian and welcome to AOS.

It's good to have a youngster like you join up.

Old'uns like me and Geoff (both the other side of 60) like to see the younger set join in.

I'm Grant.

welcome to vinyl-land lol. i hope you enjoy the forum
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm ADRIAN.

Jerry , Geoff & Grant
    What a great welcome! Thanks for making me feel young again. and Geoff I know it's an old cliché but I do like to listen to a range of music, rock &pop jazz classical ambient etc. also anything a bit different Last purchase included John Otway & Wild Willy Barrett - Headbutts which i think is a great bit of fun.
    Grant thanks for the introduction and smile.
    My set up is currently: Old style Mk3 Gyro, QC, SME309, DVXX2, EAR 834p, Opera consonance cyber 10 (2A3 push pull) also the Cyber 20 (SE) Cain&Cain Abbeys + REL stadium, Marantz CD72SE and a CREEK 3140 tuner with Loft Ariel also trying out Jamo Surround 200 Di-pole Surround Speakers and a Yamaha DSP-E390 surround amp
    Last edited by Castroil; 31-05-2018 at 00:05.

I'm gone.

It's interesting your pairing Cain & Cain Abbey speakers with a biggish sub-woofer.
    I'd imagine it would be quite difficult to integrate them together, but obviously you have managed.
    Much of your gear is very distinctive looking, it would be good to see some photos of your system in the Gallery section of the forum.

I'm ADRIAN.

Default Integating sub

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    It's interesting your pairing Cain & Cain Abbey speakers with a biggish sub-woofer.
    I'd imagine it would be quite difficult to integrate them together, but obviously you have managed.
    Much of your gear is very distinctive looking, it would be good to see some photos of your system in the Gallery section of the forum.
    It does work well . more luck than anything. you cannot tell the sub is on or where the bass comes from. It's something I don't need to mess with

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Adrian,

Enjoy the Forum

Barry (another sexagenarian)
    Barry

I'm ADRIAN.

Thanks Barry, I will hopefully
    Adrian

+ Reply to Thread