+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from Derby to all hi fi nutters

I'm Stuart.

Default Hi from Derby to all hi fi nutters

Hello fellow hi fi buffs...my name is Stuart from Littleover in Derby.
    My current system comprises a Linn LP12 with a Roksan Nima tonearm fitted with a Dynavector DV-20x2 mc cartridge.
    This in turn is powered by a Trichord Dino mk.2 with the dedicated Dino + power supply and hd lead.
    My amplifier is a Naim Unitiqute 2.
    To finish off the lovely sound I have a pair of Audionote AN-k loudspeakers finished on piano gloss American Walnut....
    It sounds superb though I maybe slightly biased.
    My journey to this place has been very expensive and encompassed a plethora of systems and brands.
    I am 61 years of age and I don't think I will ever own my perfect system. But I imagine we are all in the same boat!!!
    It is fun trying though....(my wife doesn't agree!!!)

I'm Martin.

Hi Stuart, welcome to the forum.

Your story sounds familiar! I find it hard even without the wife. Anyway get stuck in and enjoy yerself. Some system pics would be good for a start.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Stuart. Welcome to AOS.

That's a nice system you've put together. Tell us what further plans if any you may have for it.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here, so just take a look around and join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Stuart.

Default Thanks to Geoff from Southall

Many thanks for the welcome Geoff...
    I have always got new ideas for my system...
    Maybe that would be a good thread to start with...sometimes an inability to actually enjoy the music and not being critical of the sound all the time. I know I do it a regular basis and I can't be the only one.
    My next goal is to replace the Naim with an Audionote Oto....I heard an Audionote system a few years back and I was blown away by the synergy of the parts...Stunning.
    I think that would be my perfect system...I have had the good fortune to have some limited conversations via email with Peter Quortrop and it amazes me that his company still flies under the radar in terms of the general hi fi press and also other dealers.
    Maybe that says more about him and his company than we give them credit for.
    Anyway enough ramblings...I am taking my wife to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park for the day...maybe I will tell her about the Oto then!!!
    Stuart.

I'm Stuart.

Thanks Martin...excellent quote about not knowing what we are doing!!
    I think we all have to try and enjoy the music more and stop thinking about upgrades all the time...it's getting so expensive!!
    I have a granddaughter now and all of a sudden my cash flow has taken a new direction...I will get her into hi fi though !!
    Stuart....

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigwyrd57 View Post
    I have always got new ideas for my system...
    Maybe that would be a good thread to start with...
    You could start your own system blog/thread in the Gallery section, as many of us have.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Stuart

I think your journey has been similar to that of others here - but when you see yourself homing towards a system that you can be comfortable with and would be happy to live with, without any thoughts of relentless and unending 'upgrades', then you have finally arrived!

In the meantime, I'm sure this Forum will provide you with plenty of 'doubts' to worry about.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Josie.

Welcome to AOS Stuart... Hope you enjoy the forum.

Enjoy!

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread