Thread: The Bug is back

I'm Sandro.

DSCF2799[1].jpg

new fan controller / soft start wired up and tested

I'm Sandro.

I has been a long time
    Life happens...
    DSCF2809.jpg

I have finished Martin amplifiers rebuild they have been back home for a couple of months now
    I let him post pictures of is system ...
    And I am at the last stages of finishing my F5' Turbo V3
    After building them up and making sure all nuts and bolts fits
    I left the capacitors reform at full voltage for 36 hours
    And today I started dry testing the Power assembly to make sure all is horoshow

DSCF2813.jpgDSCF2814.jpgDSCF2816.jpg
    The little power supply is same what limited still I am getting about 3 A when 330 mV flow trough the 1 homes resistors whit a 4 homes dummy load
    More to follows eventually

I'm Sandro.

To avoid being boring I'm not repeating the firs 2 lines of my last post

DSCF2822[1].jpg

One of the monobloc's is finished and has been running for a few months quite pleased whit it no sacred smoke so far and the soft start had quite a few cycles so is not going to break any time soon

I have a stasis PA7 on the bench and restoring it priority number uno

Any way from time to time one got to chill out so Carnegie Hall SHOW !!!

As I posted one another thread those did best sound in show IMO but then my cartridge is only second best

Curvi-BMR MK2

DSCF2824[1].jpg

What I heard at the show despite the room and too much too loud tunes (one listen to PMC like stuff just in passing and it still FXXXk your ears up

Not those

DSCF2826[1].jpg

Staging wise the Magies are pretty good
    Those are also as good if not better in many respects
    Staging Yes but also each instrument is nailed down in place and this let you know how many oboes are playing on the Bolero (DECA SXL6065)
    first correct answer get prize

And then consider Just 1 driver 1 inductor and 1 cap and 1 enclosure (If that does not give WIFE and hard on or whatever work for them ... I don't know)

Any way I had them here for a few hours whit Chris (big tanks for letting me listen to them at home)

My mate Rob was also here PS The Cubardi is so much better after one let it breath a few hours
    His comment : Best I heard your system so far

They are back home now in Manchester and I
    I am back home and the Magies sound DULL

Goggle them up and if you get a chance Listen to those

Best in show IMO
    yes ok you all have at least 30 K or more and can buy same fancy things whit loads of chips and stuff

One have to have a chat whit the bank manager...
    Last edited by Bksabath; 23-07-2022 at 19:18.

I'm Grant.

exotic speakers there
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Sandro.

DSCF2829.jpg

The F5 turbos are now done
    I shall be entertaining the neighbours shortly
    This is the inside of the left channel

DSCF2830.jpg

and this is the inside of the Mains PSU

DSCF2834.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Sandro.

The new amplifier next to a standard size armchair

DSCF2832.jpg

I got the 2 sets of F5 now so I got myself a pair of book shelf speakers

DSCF2838.jpg

I am not sure if the Discoveries are better than the Maggies certainly they do things differently apples and oranges indeed
    I did really like the Curvi BMI so had to start a new project
    The vanilla F6 is next

I'm Martin.

You have an American front door.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Might be an American style, but is a Rock Door or composite door. I've fitted a few of that design, they are a bit pricey though.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Sandro.

Wow tought this was the F&Q furum for a minute

DSCF2848.jpg

It may not exist but it will punch you in the nose eventually

Can we get back to topic please

DSCF2872[1].jpg

New input boards just landed
    I do not like the official one's as there is no space for decent cables to solder on

Those are just prototypes whit a couple of issues (I may have same to spare )

Eventually I get the car sorted (Avoid D...Line) over a month just to be told the car is a write off.

An am already planning a balanced version, my sinks are so big that I cant get them over 34 C
    8 Mossfet on Each rail may be a bit to much most probably is going to be a 6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425