+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS - Rogers JR149s

I'm Ian.

Default FS - Rogers JR149s

I've had these sat in place of my Harbeth P3ESRs for two or three months now and whilst I'm not going to say they perform as well, they are a sweet listen and I've certainly not been itching to swap back. They really are just lovely, looking as well as sounding. Condition is very good indeed and on this I'll let the photos do the talking.

I've spent just over £55 on bringing these up to scratch, with new foam covers, capacitors from Falcon Acoustics, speaker terminals (fitted to existing screw fitting, removable) and feet.

I'm not comfortable posting these so collection only please, I'm 8 miles east of Nottingham.

£300 firm.

Cheers, Ian.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by IHP View Post
    I've had these sat in place of my Harbeth P3ESRs for two or three months now and whilst I'm not going to say they perform as well, they are a sweet listen and I've certainly not been itching to swap back. They really are just lovely, looking as well as sounding. Condition is very good indeed and on this I'll let the photos do the talking.

I've spent just over £55 on bringing these up to scratch, with new foam covers, capacitors from Falcon Acoustics, speaker terminals (fitted to existing screw fitting, removable) and feet.

I'm not comfortable posting these so collection only please, I'm 8 miles east of Nottingham.

£300 firm.

Cheers, Ian.
    Have to agree, just picked up pair of kef ref 101 bookshelfs, they do something right, seem more accurate than my ls5/9s! had jr149s amazing sound and bass for size too best luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by robpark9 View Post
    Have to agree, just picked up pair of kef ref 101 bookshelfs, they do something right, seem more accurate than my ls5/9s! had jr149s amazing sound and bass for size too best luck

Thanks Robert, I've not really gone for 'the sell', these are indeed a known quantity and performer. I've really enjoyed owning them, especially on the end of a Quad 303, all just seems right !

I'm mickael.

Have had a pair of gold badges JR for a few years now and also a pair of LS3/5a for 30. Neither going anywhere anytime soon.
    If I hadn't bought a pair of other KEFs drivers today you would have PM, they are a keeper that shine on an amp you can't name here, and someone will be happy…
    Good luck with the sales!
    ʇɐɥʇ ɥʇᴉʍ ǝʌᴉl ʇ,uɐɔ 's,pƆ ʎɯ uo sǝpᴉs q ou

Main: Custom L75 "La Plancha", AudioCraft AC300, Ortofon MC3000 AnaMighty EAR 834P - PTP5 Schick 12" Cala 103.3 on HA1000 - pre AI Modulus 3A Audio Synthesis Passion - DAX2se - ARC VT60/Quad 909 - Virgo 2
    Office: L78 Mayware Formula IV Ortofon MC10 super - Kenwood KT1100 - Acoustic Masterpiece AM-201or A&R A60 - Rogers LS3/5a
    Workshop: Chromecast - Meridian 563 Dac - Audio Synthesis Passion - Quad 306 or 606ii - Spendor BC1

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by IHP View Post

£300 firm.

Cheers, Ian.

PM sent

I'm Andrew.

Are these now sold ?

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    Are these now sold ?
    Still available and I gave the tops another beeswax polish this morning :-)

I'm Andrew.

Hi Ian , It was a friend that had expressed an interest after seeing and hearing mine , unfortunately he has since committed to something else.
    Good luck

I'm Mel.

Listened to AnyRlbs JR's yesterday and compared to my Falcon LS3/5a's (which share the same drive units) they have a much larger and more natural open sound with better frequency extremes.

Just a pity they are so far away.

Mel
    Last edited by Cycleallday; 29-05-2018 at 19:58. Reason: Update

I'm Ian.

Sold. Cheers all ;-)

+ Reply to Thread