+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone using the Allo Digione with battery power?

I'm Andreas.

Default Anyone using the Allo Digione with battery power?

I'm curious since batteries are popular for the Berersford SEG. I don't see it mentioned along with the little Allo streamer.

I've already invested in an S-Booster for the Digione and I'm very happy with it. But it would be interesting to take both the Digione and the Beresford off the mains. Any sonic drawbacks from running them off of the same battery?
    Allo Digione (w S-Booster)-> Rega DAC -> Rega Elex-R -> Harbeth P3ESR

I'm Alastair.

I am using the DigiOne with a battery powering my RPI3+. Its a LiIon Anker battery and seems to work very well. Whether it is better than a normal PSU I don't know as I have not made a direct comparison. I stopped using the S-Boosters because I found the "choked" the music, at least with my Caiman SEG. The SEG and my monoblocs now are all powered by 12 V LiPO4 batteries.
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

I'm Andreas.

Thanks,

I guess I'll make that comparison since I've now got a 15v S-Booster on the way. Decent price used so no problem to re-sell if battery ends up winning.
    Allo Digione (w S-Booster)-> Rega DAC -> Rega Elex-R -> Harbeth P3ESR

+ Reply to Thread