+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Carole King -Tapestry. Which Version?

I'm Grant.

Fortunately, by sound of things, I can say with pride that Ive not heard of them.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Fortunately, by sound of things, I can say with pride that Ive not heard of them.
    You have, bloke and his sister, sister plays the drums. Thought that you don't need a bass player. Thought wrong.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You have, bloke and his sister, sister plays the drums. Thought that you don't need a bass player. Thought wrong.
    still doesnt ring any bells.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    still doesnt ring any bells.
    That was Anita Ward...
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

just looked up the white stripe... nope, ive never heard of them... anita ward ive heard of... a one hit i know of, with ring my bell. disco number the strippers liked to dance to.....apparently
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    ps, they were husband and wife in reality apparently, but kidded on to be siblings. he is surprisingly wealthy with over 40 mil dollars...
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Clive.

For those who enjoy Tapestry I suggest Live in Hyde Park. I have the CD with Blu Ray. It's excellent, she was 74 when this was recorded and she still had the voice. It's amazing when you look at what she's been involved over the years. Really quite prolific.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tapestry-Li.../dp/B072K3PSCJ
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Sean.

I really like the album and the follow up Music.

I'm Nat.

This LP always reminds me of my mum I have a very early memory about 3 years old and sitting on her lap whilst she sang So Far Away. There where quite a few of us kids so that moment was quite unique and so I do love that song.
    I have an early UK pressing and also the Mobile Fidelity which I bought with a bent corner for a tenner.

I'm Grant.

Just thought I would add an excellent live version of tapestry. Live in Hyde park on double vinyl.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast