+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MERIDIAN M2 active speakers & stands

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Si74 View Post
    You have to put a serious pre-amp in front of these to realise how special they are. I lived with them more than happily for 20 years, put them in the cupboard for years to :upgrade? Took them out and stuck a pre on that cost mutiples of what they did and realised I had done them an injustice for all those years. For what they sell for, there is nothing that comes remotely close to this day!
    Hi Simon , I have been told just that , on the prowl for the right preamp now , though I must say that they’re impressive with just an iPad up their Ar..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

I thought these had sold already?
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    I thought these had sold already?
    They did sell, then the buyer called an before collection asking where was the USB port? Yeah really

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    They did sell, then the buyer called an before collection asking where was the USB port? Yeah really
    Should have known there was no port near MK!

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Should have known there was no port near MK!
    Good one

I'm Edward.

Whilst the buyer was clearly showing his ignorance on these speakers, a Bluetooth adaptor could usefully be used to make the link between old tech and new tech. Whilst obviously not 'hifi' a Bluetooth connection can be surprisingly good. Logitech do one (with outputs of both RCA and spdif) with good reviews. Plenty of others as well.

About 3 years ago I needed to make a cable free connection between an iPad and an 'old' system and used a cheap August Bluetooth adaptor. I was surprised how good things sounded.

On another note I believe MK is the city furthest away from a sea port. Or am I getting my pub facts all wrong?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Whilst the buyer was clearly showing his ignorance on these speakers, a Bluetooth adaptor could usefully be used to make the link between old tech and new tech. Whilst obviously not 'hifi' a Bluetooth connection can be surprisingly good. Logitech do one (with outputs of both RCA and spdif) with good reviews. Plenty of others as well.

About 3 years ago I needed to make a cable free connection between an iPad and an 'old' system and used a cheap August Bluetooth adaptor. I was surprised how good things sounded.

On another note I believe MK is the city furthest away from a sea port. Or am I getting my pub facts all wrong?
    You are correct about MK’s location.
    I have considered the Bluetooth idea and I may well go ahead and try it.
    I demonstrated the M2’s to another enthusiast at the weekend , he was shocked when the hairs on the back of his neck stood to the occasion... with an iPad up their arse !!
    Wish I had never sold my caiman as I reckon that’ll do them justice

I'm Edward.

Several years ago (early 90s) a mate at work was returning to the USA offered me his pristine hifi system for about £500 comprising Meridian actives (piano black finish), about 1,000 lps, a preamp and a TT. I declined due to space considerations. One of my biggest mistakes.

Can't recall what the preamp and TT were but they were quality items.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Andrew.

These are still available at £400
    I’m unable to edit the initial thread.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    These are still available at £400
    I’m unable to edit the initial thread.

Ive edited it for you
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast