Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Allo Raspberry Pi case

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Liffy99 View Post
    Ok, still in are;

Sherwood
    Simon LDT
    Mastertape

If you can send Adre at Allo your name, address and email you should then be able to receive a code enabling you to lace your own independent order at discount.

I will ask the same of those interested on the Audio Standard site . . .
    Right, I'm back in!
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm allo.

OK please email me andre at allo dot com and i will sort you our with your code.
    already some members have placed their orders.

I'm Barry.

A price would be nice?

I'm allo.

the group buy received 20% discount off the retail price available online.
    so it was 44$ shipping from India.

I'm Simon.

My case arrived today. Looks fantastic and has a nice weight to it. However there is a big design flaw in my opinion - the power inlet is too close to the leg. The original Pi power supply just about fits but even that is a squeeze. For anyone with an adapter like mine, it won't fit. I had to file it down (the adapter) and while it now fits, it's still at a slight angle. I know there are some different types of adapters (some are tiny cables) so maybe those fit fine.

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_LDT View Post
    My case arrived today. Looks fantastic and has a nice weight to it. However there is a big design flaw in my opinion - the power inlet is too close to the leg. The original Pi power supply just about fits but even that is a squeeze. For anyone with an adapter like mine, it won't fit. I had to file it down (the adapter) and while it now fits, it's still at a slight angle. I know there are some different types of adapters (some are tiny cables) so maybe those fit fine.
    "Big design flaw" is somewhat over the top. I must admit I was dubious about clearance when I saw the space available but I've used 3 different cables and all fit, albeit snugly. The problem is that you're using a fat adapter. When I use an adapter I use use one with a short cable between the microUSB and DC socket. I wouldn't want to use a solid adapter as it applies too much leverage to the delicate microUSB socket. However with yours now wedged I suppose that fixes the leverage issue.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Simon.

What cables/adapters are you using Clive?

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_LDT View Post
    What cables/adapters are you using Clive?
    Hi Simon,

Nothing special - something like these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/4-PACK-5-5x.../dp/B01AFHFC2S

I just used what I had to hand. I can't be sure the plugs will fit and I don't know the size of your DC plug but there's loads to choose from. Even if you needed to file down one side of one of these plugs it would be less of an issue than filling down a solid adapter.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Simon.

Thanks, have seen those before but had decided to go with the adapter instead of adapter built into a cable.

I'm allo.

hi guys,

due to the RPI forma factor and the way the peripheral connectors are laid out, space for the micro USB is not ample... but more than enough.

we have a tested with many micro USB connectors and majority fit well, only the older thick ones dont...
    we even have a DC to microUSB adapter available.
    https://allo.com/sparky/dc-microusb-adapter-cable.html

this will adapter cable is included with all cases purchased starting June 25th

if someone really needs one, i will ship some to our distributor in the UK (ModmyPi) and they can get one very cheap.

regards and thanks for the feedback!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345