+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Allo Raspberry Pi case

I'm Barry.

The price has dropped slightly, now $68 usd, approx £51.

I'm Josie.

It looks superb. Best case I've seen for a pi and streamer.

Will there be one for the isolator and boss, andre?

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Simon.

Put me down as interested, price dependant. Not sure if much to be saved though as these would still require re-shipping once in the UK.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    ditto... the rrp seems a little high to me, though it looks very well made.

Geoff
    I have the Allo DigiOne Alu case. Yes, I can confirm that it is very well made.

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by zykling View Post
    I have the Allo DigiOne Alu case. Yes, I can confirm that it is very well made.
    Mine's just arrived. Yes it is very well made and and whatsmore I don't see how it could be sold for less money.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Ken.

The Allo Sparky/RPi case is ok, there are better looking aluminum ones IMO and some that act as heat sinks.
    The pictured one can still be had and similar are also available, all the ones I've seen have been in the States. All CNC machined from solid, with a protrusion that sits on top of the chips to conduct the heat into the case. Some polished, some brushed and anodized clear or colours.
    It's a lot to spend on a case though, you could get a nice HAT for that amount.

I'm Clive.

I'd like the Allo in silver but it's great in black. The outriggers on the corners make the Allo look like a sci-fi space ship....more funky to my eye than the US one pictured. Bear in mind the Allo case is for Pi + DigiOne only so production numbers will be lower than a generic Pi case (maybe).
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side

I'm Ken.

Yes the Allo case is molded so if sold in qty the price comes down, but variants become a problem, you can only do so much with inserts in a tool.
    The CNC versions are heavily worked (£££) and cost does not come down with volume to any great degree. The advantage is they can easily accommodate any design combo and at least one company is advertising customization to your requirements, but it all costs.

The thing I don't like with most of the SBC designs, is the way the connectors come out of several faces, this does not help with case design/cost. I know this is because of the original design parameters, which were not audio related, but we do tend to have our Audio equipment in nice neat rows on racks with all the interconnects on the back. At some point, one of the manufactures will realize the large Audio/Home Theater market is worth developing a specialized board for.
    In the meantime, we have to buy adapters/extenders etc if we want to get everything out the back.

Generally I think all SBC's look pretty ugly, as tiny boxes with fairly chunky stiff/heavy cables hanging out in a haphazard fashion, to the point where it's difficult to get the thing to stay where you want it, the cables have other ideas.

I'm Clive.

yup, all fair points.

I'm allo.

Hi guys,
    designing a case is not easy as we need to respect the RPI peripherals.
    we tried to present a case that is functional and unique.

Qwin, not sure what the above picture is for, but its not for an RPI...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast