+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do you listen?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Being retired, I'm fortunate enough to be able to listen to my gear (either the radio or music) for 6 to 8 hours a day, when I am at home.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Only listen to my flashman CDs In car. Keep me amused.

In house I mostly use my headphone kit tbh as it's convenient and good
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dominic.

I am very lucky in that I have my own listening room.

The wife enjoys music but her and my musical tastes are poles apart and she prefers watching TV anyway, so after our evening meal she has total command of the TV and remote in the living room while I go into my little room and indulge my musical pleasures. I have the system on one side of the room while at the other side of the room I have my computer so I listen facing the wrong way when I am browsing the net.

I usually have around 4 hours of music playing, but some evenings none at all, so instead I watch a DVD or a documentary on Youtube just for a change. Our bedroom backs onto my listening room so when the wife wants to go to bed early she has the bedroom TV on and we either compete with the volume controls, or I switch the system off and let her watch her programme.
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Although I have a room dedicated to my main system, I spend most of my time listening to music in my workshop.
    Its all good, where ever you listen, its the music that counts, and the reason I/we got into Audio HI-FI in the first place!
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Tony.

Anywhere I can is the short answer.

As far as the normal routine is concerned, the flat consists of two main living areas, one a combined Kitchen and Music room (with a very small tv), the other a Lounge/TV Room (which doubles as a guest bedroom).

I tend to spend at least an hour a night in the Music room, either cooking while listening or just plonked on the couch enjoying whatever takes my fancy. Weekends at home will see me in there for a few hours more.

The TV Room has a decent (old) Q Acoustics soundbar and an AV Amp but I tend not to use the subwoofer in the flat. Also got a Vita R4 (Ruark) for parties etc.

Fridays are generally Music Night. I'll cook something nice and we open a bottle and enjoy our own little music festival at home (The flat is part of a converted Malt Store called Free Rodwell House, so naturally we call our Friday night "Rodstock")

My journey to work each day is around 30 mins each way, I generally use a little FLAC player in the car (or listen to 6Music for keeping up to date).
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm gone.

Retired. Dedicated listening room (my den, aka the living room, really.)

No TV (the wife has one in her den room), so music gets played most of the time.
    I'd guess 5 or 6 hours a day dedicated listening time - about 1 of those hours on my Fostex TH600 'phones before swmbo gets up in the morning.

Also in the car maybe an hour a day, radio 3/4/ClassicFM.

I'm Bob.

I listen to music mostly on my motorcycle. I use either of my phones to play .flac format music via a stereo Bluetooth headset mounted in my crash helmet that can also do phone stuff.

I probably wear my crash helmet several hours a day and the music is almost always on unless I turn it down whilst I deal with one of our drivers (I am a supervisor to about 5000 of them).

When I get home I listen to several hours of "Proper" music and I do appreciate the difference without the background road traffic noise.
    System a mixture of old and new.

Speakers Tannoy Cheviot, Amp Pioneer receiver but looking for something new, Source Xbox One X (For everything) via a Panasonic 65inch 4k HDR TV.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post

The partner has to be of sufficient quality and type for me to want to form a recombinant with better survival advantages.
    I bet they love it when you talk dirty like that
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Neil.

Most of my listening is through the HiFi in the living room, but I do have a kitchen radio always playing BBC 6 Music, and at work it's a Sonos set up that anyone can stream to, usually set on 6 Music.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by bobvfr View Post
    I listen to music mostly on my motorcycle. I use either of my phones to play .flac format music via a stereo Bluetooth headset mounted in my crash helmet that can also do phone stuff.

I probably wear my crash helmet several hours a day and the music is almost always on unless I turn it down whilst I deal with one of our drivers (I am a supervisor to about 5000 of them).

When I get home I listen to several hours of "Proper" music and I do appreciate the difference without the background road traffic noise.
    I listen to music on my bike as well, Although I tend to only do it on journeys where I know I have a lot of motorway work to do as it breaks up the boredom. The rest of the time id rather listen to my fruity exhaust!
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast