+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mordaunt Short MS45Ti Again!

I'm Mike.

Default Mordaunt Short MS45Ti Again!

I had a pair of these large stand mount speakers a few years ago, but a move to a smaller place meant that i couldn't set them up right so i sold them, anyway i always regretted selling them as they made nice sounds.

i believe they are a mid 80's speaker uncannily similar to B&W DM220's although i think B&W's have different drivers, i'd love to get them side by side to see if the drivers make much difference but like the MS45Ti's the DM220's only appear on eBay every now and then, maybe someone more knowledgable than me could fill in the blanks as there is little to no information on the web about the MS45Ti's.

So a pair came up for sale on ebay in good clean condition with original stands and for £40 and a trip to Derby to collect them i couldn't resist. i know when they were new they were a £200 speaker and that's reflected in the finish, the usual black ash vinyl wrap which seemed to be all the rage back in the day is the one thing that i really don't like about them, but apart from that there's little not to like, can't wait to pick em up now.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Andrew.

[QUOTE=Jac Hawk;978924]I had a pair of these large stand mount speakers a few years ago, but a move to a smaller place meant that i couldn't set them up right so i sold them, anyway i always regretted selling them as they made nice sounds.

i believe they are a mid 80's speaker uncannily similar to B&W DM220's although i think B&W's have different drivers, i'd love to get them side by side to see if the drivers make much difference but like the MS45Ti's the DM220's only appear on eBay every now and then, maybe someone more knowledgable than me could fill in the blanks as there is little to no information on the web about the MS45Ti's.

So a pair came up for sale on ebay in good clean condition with original stands and for £40 and a trip to Derby to collect them i couldn't resist. i know when they were new they were a £200 speaker and that's reflected in the finish, the usual black ash vinyl wrap which seemed to be all the rage back in the day is the one thing that i really don't like about them, but apart from that there's little not to like, can't wait to pick em up now.

[IMG]https://www.picclickimg.com/d/w1600/pict/253549664455_/Mordaunt-Short-MS45Ti-classic-Floorstanding-speakers.jpg[/

It’s a great feeling to undo the regret of items sold then doing it all again, just done the same myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm nigel.

Indeed, I feel your pain.
    I owned a pair of MS55 ti's in the early 2000's.
    These are the slightly bigger brothers to yours incorporating a built in stand. My speakers were the walnut wrapped and much better looking than the black ash models.
    I do remember having a lot of beef with the bottom fitted banana sockets....for some reason the cables inside kept working loose, meaning bottom driver out and lots of swearing getting past the foam waddling.
    I sold mine for less than 50 quid.....I would snap up a pair for that price now.

+ Reply to Thread