+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: That wedding

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    You must be a glutton for punishment then!

Marco.
    I'm normally just a glutton, so this made a refereshing change

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Ha! I'm just as Catholic, and a lot more Scottish than you!
    Haha - well if you're just as Catholic, how come the chance to see the Pope doesn't interest you?

When one of the previous ones visited Glasgow, during the 90s in the (then) famous 'Popemobile', I went along and enjoyed it

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

I wasn't that bothered but there wasn't much to do in those days and it was only a short walk up the road. Same spot we used to go to see Liverpool coming home with the cup. Preferred that to be honest.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Haha - well if you're just as Catholic, how come the chance to see the Pope doesn't interest you?
    I'm not that easily impressed. He's just a senior priest, when all's said and done. He doesn't have magic powers or anything.

I'm Martin.

Not interested at all and it was just a normal day for me. To me youve seen the light when things like that fail to interest you.

Its no more important to me than any other wedding that took place that day.

To be quite honest Im more worried about the brainwashed people getting in to it and waving flags. Sorry but my view is that those people need to get a life and a much needed reality check about royalty

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I'm not that easily impressed. He's just a senior priest, when all's said and done. He doesn't have magic powers or anything.
    Neither does the queen, and yet look at all the ridiculous fuss over her (and her siblings)!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Not interested at all and it was just a normal day for me. To me youve seen the light when things like that fail to interest you.

Its no more important to me than any other wedding that took place that day.

To be quite honest Im more worried about the brainwashed people getting in to it and waving flags. Sorry but my view is that those people need to get a life and a much needed reality check about royalty
    Lol, indeed... We are in full agreement, Martin, but I guess each to his or her own.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post

To be quite honest Im more worried about the brainwashed people getting in to it and waving flags.
    I suppose they might accidentally poke someone with them. Or swallow them and choke. But I can't see that it's a major cause for concern?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I suppose they might accidentally poke someone with them. Or swallow them and choke. But I can't see that it's a major cause for concern?
    I thought Macca M is going to be on seeing what you have written look each to their own but its deeper than that really isnt it.

Put them in packing crates and wheel them out when the accountants say there is tourist money to be made. Maybe some of it will make up for the way overprivileged lives these people lead. Bottom line is they live in a bubble so we should just get them out on show when they can pay their way. I dont want photo opportunities about landmines when the arms industry continues apace.

Dont give them a voice on anything important and they really should be paying their way. They are just the odd family at number 42 as far as Im concerned. I would scrap the lot of it and send them down the coal mines.

It perpetuates the class system, inequality and a system rooted in feudalism.

Show me the accounts and we can have a debate about a figurehead or token royalty for the tourists. Get them signing some t shirts in trafalgar square but put them to real work. Im being lenient because it does bring money into the economy but I need to double check what we are paying them from taxes. They dont care about us and I dont listen to damn thing they say
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 24-05-2018 at 19:59.

There's *so* much there I agree with, but it really warrants a separate thread......

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast