+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: That wedding

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Not anti royals by any means. The main ones have their uses and are worth their salt And you can't really have them living in a tenement. But, there are far too many hangers on. Tbh I'd have them before politicians.

And that goes for hookers too
    I'm not sure what rugby's got to do with it? But yeah, whatever
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I have zero interest whatsoever in royal babies. weddings, etc. The only things that interested me on TV yesterday were the two cup finals, in Scotland and England! However, even though I'm not a royalist, I wish the couple well and that they have a long, healthy and happy life together.

The thing that pisses me off is the media saturation, which is ridiculously over the top [they're still going on about it now on the news, and no doubt will be all week], and in particular the automatic presumption that YOU wanted to know every minute detail of the wedding, 24/7 - and worse were 'all excited' about it

Well listen up... No, we fucking weren't! And the BBC are the worst culprits for this type of blanket 'frenzy' over anything royal family-related.

They, and the rest of the media, need to acknowledge that the country doesn't SOLELY consist of royal-family fanboys (and girls), and that those people's recent interests (anything *but* the Royal wedding), should've been equally catered for, as there are a damn sight more important things happening in the world, which deserve that type of intensive media scrutiny instead.

Anyway, that aside, good luck to the couple concerned!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

If it occupied 90% of the news all year I think you'd have a point but it has only been for a week. If the BBC don't allocate enough time to it they get complaints. For every one of us who is largely indifferent or against the whole thing there are ten who are very keen on it.

You've always got the option not to watch the news whilst it is going on. I mean I've got no interest in the tennis so I don't watch all the Wimbledon coverage which takes over the BBC for two weeks every year but I don't complain about it. World Cup is coming up now and no doubt there are a shedload of people who couldn't get enough of the royal wedding who will have zero interest in that. Does that mean it shouldn't be all over the news for a fortnight? There's got to be a bit of give and take with regard to these things.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Shane.

I absolutely agree with you Marco, but I’m going to turn your argument inside out. I’m fed up to the back teeth with the enormous attention given in the media to teams of millionaire oafs whose only talent is to be able to run round a field for 90 minutes in their underwear chasing a ball. Day after day, month after month, year after year the media are drenched with their antics and the minutiae of their worthless lives . At least royal weddings only happen every few years, and we won’t get another one for the next twenty years at least.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Martin.

We'll have a coronation before that though.

I suspect they might show a bit of that on the telly...
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    We'll have a coronation before that though.
    And a funeral or two.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    And a funeral or two.
    And some more royal babies.

I suppose years ago it was a bit of a ballache but now there are so many TV channels there is no excuse for complaining that it's occupying all the media. Just turn over and watch Wheeler Dealers or Salvage Hunters or something instead.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

I'm not sure what rugby's got to do with it? But yeah, whatever
    A rugby playing prostitute? That could get a bit rough, sign me up
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

I suppose years ago it was a bit of a ballache but now there are so many TV channels there is no excuse for complaining that it's occupying all the media. Just turn over and watch Wheeler Dealers or Salvage Hunters or something instead.
    That's what I did. Not Salvage Hunters though, that Drew gets on my tits.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    That's what I did. Not Salvage Hunters though, that Drew gets on my tits.
    He did me to begin with but I've started to warm to him a bit. He's got a good eye.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast