+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got all excited - for nothing

I'm Dominic.

Default Got all excited - for nothing

Checked the euromillions lotty this morning.

First number 5. Yep.

Second number 8 Ooooh.

Third number 10 looking good, pulse rises.

Downhill from there as no more numbers. Bugger.

All that adrenaline wasted on winning a mere fiver. Just one more number and my winnings would have zoomed uncontrollably up to £14.50. Two more numbers would have netted nearly 10 million quid.

I have got more chance of swimmimg the atlantic than the big win, so no more money from me
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Martin.

If you're aged 15-24, you have to buy your ticket 12 minutes or less before the draw to have more chance of winning than of dying in the meantime (based on 2008 death rates and population estimates for England and Wales from the Office for National Statistics)

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ale..._b_961514.html
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

It's what is known in the trade as a 'long shot.'
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It's what is known in the trade as a 'long shot.'
    Better off having a long sh!t

I'm Martin.

I understand the odds and they depress me. However I know of three people who have won big

My auntie Hilda (not my real aunt but we called her that) in Scotland won a million or so In her later years...A woman called Julie down my parents road who I once rejected going out with...not close enough to make any difference to me though

Thats the thing with the lottery that keeps us playing. Nigh on impossible odds but these buggers keep winning to rub our noses in it.....the truth is I dislike them because it does bring out feelings of jealousy.

With more odds of being an astronaut or dying on the way to get a ticket, it needs putting in firm perspective. Heck you have a better chance of your favourite star visting and saying they have real feelings for you...well maybe but you get the picture

I'm Martin.

You've got the knock on effect too, though. I was temping at this place once, just doing the switchboard and some filing, and one of the permanent staff won a hundred grand on the lottery and promptly left. So they gave me her job. Which was nice. It was a good job, too, massive pay rise.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

The title of this thread always makes me think of something else.....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

You've got the knock on effect too, though. I was temping at this place once, just doing the switchboard and some filing, and one of the permanent staff won a hundred grand on the lottery and promptly left. So they gave me her job. Which was nice. It was a good job, too, massive pay rise.
    You sort of had a lottery win then, without even buying a ticket! Can't get much luckier than that
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

So they gave me her job. Which was nice. It was a good job, too, massive pay rise.
    Did they give you her dress too, and ask you to put on a high-pitched voice?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm jamie.

the title reminds me of the time i stayed up to watch the young brass of the year awards,imagine my disappointment when it turned out to be a load of teenagers playing the bloody trumpet!!!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast