+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holy shit batman - The Shure SC35C

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Horses for courses I suppose! We do have two completely different set ups.
    I tried it briefly in an SME 3009 arm, tracking at 3.5g. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad cartridge, it's just that I have several far better cartridges in my collection (IMO ) and saw no reason to keep it.

A bit like the Shure M3D, I simply don't understand the plaudits these cartridges attract.
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I tried it briefly in an SME 3009 arm, tracking at 3.5g. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad cartridge, it's just that I have several far better cartridges in my collection (IMO ) and saw no reason to keep it.

A bit like the Shure M3D, I simply don't understand the plaudits these cartridges attract.
    I completely agree with you to some extent. I have cartridges which simply put the SC35C to shame. I sometimes can't be bothered waiting for my valve setup to fully warm up and sometime I just like to listen to a record straight away and this cartridge sounds great (to my ears) from the start. I also view this type of cartridge as an investment in longevity for my expensive (the £1K+ jobbies) cartridges in that sometimes I'll quite happily listen to a decent MM plugged into the EAR 309 clone for a few hours and save the wear and tear on say the Cadenza black or my SPU's.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Allthatwasisorwillbe.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Mexico. And the quality is fine! I don't buy into the theory of poorer produced carts in Mexico v USA.
    The Mexican made ones are fine but the USA made are better in my opinion and quite noticeably! If you can find one, i would urge you to get it if you are impressed with the Mexican made one. I too added that same aluminium body. I thought it was a small improvement but worthwhile.
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    TECHNICS 1200 MKII_JELCO 750D_SHURE SC35C (with NOS and NEO SAS styli)
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO
    PARADIGM REFERENCE ACTIVE/40'S
    PARADIGM SERVO 15 SUBWOOFER X 2

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by kininigin View Post
    The Mexican made ones are fine but the USA made are better in my opinion and quite noticeably! If you can find one, i would urge you to get it if you are impressed with the Mexican made one. I too added that same aluminium body. I thought it was a small improvement but worthwhile.
    The early made in Mexico ones are the same as the USA made ones. There's been at least four different bodies with subtle differences over the years.
    Current equipment: Cornscalas - Quicksilver Horn Monos - Technics 1210 M5G with Zu Denon 103R cartride and Haufe SUT.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by dmckean View Post
    The early made in Mexico ones are the same as the USA made ones. There's been at least four different bodies with subtle differences over the years.
    most people replace the body and stylus anyway so I honestly think it's irrelevant where it's made just so long as it's sounds good in your own system.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I think Dave was referring to the generator, not to the outer plastic housing.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12